Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Which Floors for my Formal Rooms?
vjs12
April 21, 2012 in Design Dilemma
I have a formal living room on the right and dining room on the left with the foyer in the middle and stairs to the front. My house is a traditional style with 8' ceilings and faces South. The furniture is jewel tones with two club chairs and one couch with skirts. The tables are cherry wood. The dining room has dining table, chairs and china cabinet in light cherry with jewel tone accessories and wallpaper with a chair rail. Both rooms have thick crown molding. It gets sunlight in these two rooms. I'm replacing 20 yr. old carpet with engineered hardwood. I need help on deciding on a 3" smooth, traditional style like Anderson Hardwood, Lincoln Plank series flooring, or 5" handscraped like Regal Hardwood, Medallion Cherry. Here are the pictures of the rooms.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Emily Hurley
Great rooms! What flooring did you end up using? Would love to see how it turned out!
0 Likes   December 27, 2012 at 10:02AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
vjs12
Emily, I will have the floors installed next month and chose: Anderson Floors, Engineered hardwood, Urban Pioneer, color called Copper Cart, 5" lightly scraped, satin finish. I have been busy removing some wallpaper in bathrooms and painting all rooms before the floors are installed. Debating on whether to remove the wallpaper in the dining room? ( I still love it though). Thank you for your suggestions and I will post pictures when it is all completed.
0 Likes   December 28, 2012 at 10:05PM
More Discussions
Blanco 441558 One XL sink
Has anyone used this Blanco sink? I cannot find any...
sunup
Bar height or Counter height home bar?
We're remodeling our great room into a game room with...
Jennifer Wood
Need help for mater bathroom above the mirro
I am looking for a fixture that will give good light...
peggyjanescott
Dining room design - continued
Hey everyone! Happy holidays! You guys have been great...
immunigirl
Picture above couch
Hi....my couch is seven feet long and I am in a dilemma...
barnart7
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.