Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
how to create this mood lighting?
hongAn vu
July 18, 2012 in Design Dilemma
I don't know much about lighting design. Could you help me specify what kind of light should be used to create this backlit drapes?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Gear 7 Audio-Visual
It looks to have been done with RGB LED par cans. In a permanent building this can be accomplished using LED tape or small spots.

All the best,
Chris @ Gear 7
0 Likes   December 29, 2012 at 5:06PM
Daniel Nguyen
It's just a semi sheer fabric with LED lighting. If you head to your local music and professional audio store near you. They have the lighting for sale and rent.
0 Likes   December 29, 2012 at 7:48PM
designideas4me
How far away from the fabric are the lights? LED lighting can get very hot. Just wondering how this is done safely?
0 Likes   December 30, 2012 at 12:25AM
Daniel Nguyen
LED lighting actually doesn't get hot at all. That's the benefit of LED, they don't let off heat. So they can almost be right up against the fabric.
0 Likes   December 31, 2012 at 12:31PM
designideas4me
interesting. I didnt realize that. I must be thinking of compact florescent which is very hot and used in many of my direct spot lights. I wonder if I could do this outside near my pool. So any landscape lighting that takes an led bulb can be put close to fabric such as a shade sail or a curtain? Do you happen to have any suggestions on how to create an outdoor panel for privacy and height (9 feet maybe)? Something that can be used next to a fence and is made with an outdoor fabric that withstands the elements yet would create a nice glow with a few spotlights? Or am I better off with a flood light with led bulbs? I can get it built or maybe buy a kit if you have any suggestions. where are you located? thank you.
0 Likes   December 31, 2012 at 2:25PM
More Discussions
Houzzers, what are you thankful for?
It's the time of year to give thanks. Looking around...
Need help with awkward entrance and stair landing.
My entrance hall looks straight into our kitchen, and...
Kitchen help
Just looking for ideas on new kitchen design..........
Bathrooms: Are toilet closets still in?
The open concept bath is nice but I don't think I like...
Feed back on area rug
Does this rug work with my colors?
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.