powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
What plants did you use to achieve such a masterpiece?
isamenton
July 20, 2012 in Photo Questions
I believe I recognize some gaura, stipa tenuissima, pennisetum and carex (what varieties?).
But I fail identifying the red, purple or orange flowers.
Kind regards,
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Gardens by Gabriel
Thanks for the compliments! In the foreground orange flowers are Mimulus, and Heliathemum (sunroses). The sweeping hair-like grass is Carex testacea. The red in the backround are Anigozanthus (kangaroo paw) and the purple pom-poms are verbena lilacina a native of the channel island. It was a fun tapestry to weave, and this was definitely a peak moment :)
July 21, 2012 at 9:12pm     
isamenton
Awesome Gabriel! Was I correct guessing that the pink flowers were Gaura ? Is it Pennisetum on the left of the purple pompoms ? So beautiful!
July 23, 2012 at 6:14am     
PRO
Gardens by Gabriel
Nice work, I forgot to mention it, you got those right as well! Pennisetum setaceum is a favorite of mine.
July 23, 2012 at 8:02pm   
isamenton
Thank you so much!
I am starting a gardening blog and would like to use some of your images - such as this one. May I have permission to use your images and link to your website?
July 24, 2012 at 3:12am   
PRO
Gardens by Gabriel
We'd be honored! Thank you for giving photo credit and a link to the website. Please let me know what your blog is so I can follow along!
July 24, 2012 at 2:08pm   
isamenton
Thank you so much!
Here is the link to my blog: http://www.jardins-sans-secret.com
July 24, 2012 at 2:17pm   
isamenton
Hi Gabriel,
You have granted me permission to use your pictures in my blog, http://www.jardins-sans-secret.com.
Do you also authorize me to publish them in my Pinterest
account (http://pinterest.com/JardinsSansSecr/) ?
Kind regards,
November 26, 2012 at 4:29am   
PRO
Gardens by Gabriel
Please do, a photo credit and a link to our site would be great. Thanks so much!
November 26, 2012 at 7:49am   
greengirl
I love these gardens. They've given me such inspiration. We just installed our front landscape. Still have a bit to do. On the gulf coast of FL, they have limited resources for 'different' plants. We have gotten many positive remarks so far on what we're doing. Very xeric. Will post when done. Thanks again.
January 12, 2013 at 9:32pm   
Ann Atkinson
Your design artistry is inspiring! Thanks for sharing such beautiful images. What is the first plant front left - large, toothed foliage?
March 28, 2013 at 10:29pm   
PRO
Gardens by Gabriel
Sonchus canariensis!
March 29, 2013 at 7:38am     
jeanl
I live in melbourne, australia. would these plants do well in my climate? are they hard to find? it's a lovely natural look!
May 27, 2013 at 8:42pm   
PRO
Gardens by Gabriel
Yes Jean they would do well in your area. This garden is 1/4 mile from the pacific, so strong coastal influence on the climate. These plants enjoy well drained soil, so generously ammend and build up if you have clay! If your on sand your golden :)
May 27, 2013 at 9:28pm     
jeanl
So gorgeous! We are on sand!
June 2, 2013 at 2:09am   
sanssarsilmaz
Looks great! What kind of ground cover is that between the stepping stones? Nice work Gabriel!
October 19, 2013 at 4:59pm     
danishawuk
So beautiful. Would these plants work in Pennsylvania ? We just bought a house with a big yard and I have no clue where to start but I have a bed that is bare and ready!
May 14, 2014 at 6:05pm   
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.