Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Would love opinions on color palette. Trying loading jpegs
bgardener
August 9, 2012 in Design Dilemma
Would love opinions on color palette. Having trouble loading architect's color rendering
We are blessed to be building a brand new Energy Star 3 home in Colorado. We found plans which were revised by an architect & we are nearing contract time with our builder who we are enjoying working with. I am a visual person & asked for color renderings of a palette we had picked out as a starting point. I have asked the architect for his professional input & wasn't given much feedback or input, just that they like the palette. This feels like a huge decision to me & I would appreciate any feedback anyone has about the color and accent choices. Photos attached here. Roof color & stone work are not accurate. We will have a "cool" roof which will be lighter in color. Thanks!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chelseabeagle
My hubby and I just finished building our own bungalow similar to yours this past summer. The exterior colour of your house is super important and keep in mind you'll want to love the colour choice through each season. We chose pine tree green and cedar for the gable ends and shed dormer/dormers.

I like your colour choice but would have the darker colour on the bottom.

If you aren't sure, sketch your house and use pencil crayons to try different variations.

Good luck!
January 5, 2013 at 7:53PM   
Ari Zahavi
Or get it rendered.
January 10, 2013 at 2:24AM   
intoit
Love your house and the shingles on the top part. The color on the bottom half looks very peachy to me in this rendering. If you love this color, is there a darker shade that would tie in better with the rest of the brown?
January 10, 2013 at 3:42AM   
Nancy Hehmann
Drive through other neighborhoods, till you see color combinations you love! Then, you will know what the colors actually look like on a real structure. Browsing HOUZZ photos can also assist. Just type the style of house you have in the search engine on HOUZZ. Personally, I like the roof and shingles but would go lighter on the actual house. But you have to love it!!
January 10, 2013 at 3:58AM   
PRO
Design Mode
Check out jameshardie.com where you can play with colours: Design>Design your home. They have a gallery of homes to view across the US and Canada, which you can view by colour choices. The article 'Value of Design' is worthwhile reading for owners like you.
I love their site, and colour selections. They get your style!
January 10, 2013 at 4:59AM   
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.