Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Lights- Pendant Choice
Katie Elizabeth
August 13, 2012 in Design Dilemma
We are currently trying to figure out our lighting for our master bathroom.
The attached picture is the her part of our his and her vanity set (with a middle mini cabinet also). We don't have a lot of space on the wall next to the mirror above the his part, so we are thinking about going with mini pendants instead of 3 wall sconces.

Is this a good idea for a master bathroom? I don't want the pendants to be distracting. I found two options. One is chrome so it will match our faucets. The other is Oil Rubbed Bronze (but we have no oil rubbed bronze hardware- its just beautiful)

Im just looking for advice if pendants are a good idea, and also if either of these are a good choice.
http://www.lumens.com/Mini-Pendant-No-882-by-Quorum/uu422593/product?source=igodigital Chrome one
http://www.lowes.com/pd_21151-2121-EL-90911-13_0__?productId=3238943&Ntt=roth+++allen+pendant&pl=1¤tURL=&facetInfo= Oiled Bronze

We have to pay for these out of pocket, so keeping it under $100 is a big deal.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Emily Hurley
Hi there, Did you settle on pendants? I think between the two of them, I really like the one with the ORB finish, but in light of the faucets, I think the other is a great choice. Would love to see how it all turned out if you have pics.
December 20, 2012 at 3:52PM   
Katie Elizabeth
Hi! We ended up going with the Lumens pendants. They honestly were cheap enough where if I decide to go another route, I can change them out easily! I will try to post a picture tomorrow. I don't have a picture with the lights and vanity! :)
December 20, 2012 at 6:00PM   
PRO
EB Interiors
Katie,
the pendants from lumens are cute. how many did you go with?
December 20, 2012 at 6:11PM   
Katie Elizabeth
Thank you! We ended up doing two- one over each sink area because they are a bit larger than I expected. I'll post a picture this morning!
December 21, 2012 at 5:48AM   
Katie Elizabeth
Pictures:
December 21, 2012 at 1:11PM     
foutchn
Was it hard to install this vanity? I really like it. I can't find comments on Lowe's website.
April 12, 2014 at 7:18PM     
Katie Elizabeth
My builder didn't have a lot of difficulty with it, no. The part that was a little tricky was the plumbing actually. And we ended up having to get completely different faucets for the sinks because the holes are further back on the stone than a majority of vanity's. I would like to be honest with you, this stone isn't sealed, so you'd have to do it. It still shows water marks if water sits on the surface too long, and if you have hard water, it is difficult to clean off the stone. It is not our favorite choice after having it for a couple years. The paint is also slightly yellowing on the side closest to the tub, which is something we are considering talking to Lowes about.
April 13, 2014 at 6:08AM   
PRO
Young Elecrtric LLC
I'm an electrical contractor. I think the negative side of pendants on the vanity is that your face, in the mirror, may be a bit shadowy.
LED strips may fit on the sides.
April 13, 2014 at 6:49AM   
foutchn
Thank you, Katie Elizabeth for getting back to me. I think I will look some more!
April 13, 2014 at 1:53PM   
Katie Elizabeth
The pendant lighting hasn't been any issue for us regarding shadows, luckily. We are pretty happy with our selection so far!
April 13, 2014 at 4:24PM