Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Lisa
November 3, 2010 in Photo Questions
I would never get off the couch! I wonder, is this the Ikea striped slipcovered couch?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Becky Harris
It's from Crate and Barrel. I think it was discontinued about a year ago, but they still have the fabric available. It is really tough to get off this couch, even with the ocean and the sand beckoning from the window!
0 Likes   November 3, 2010 at 12:36PM
Lisa
Thanks Becky.
I will check online. It's a great navy stripe!
0 Likes   November 3, 2010 at 7:43PM
M J
I have the Ikea Ektorp couch with the Navy and white slipcover you mention. We paid about $450 for the piece and another $135 (I think) for the slipcover. I use it all summer and like you love it. I love the slipcover shown though its a little lighter than the Ikea. As far as I know, you can still get that slipcover from them.
0 Likes   January 28, 2012 at 5:14AM
Lisa
Hi MJ.
Thanks for your reply & photo. You just cannot beat Ikea's prices! I should mention that I have had a Pottery Barn Basic Couch for almost 10 years. Great piece of furniture! However a new PB slipcover runs close to $600! I bought the Ikea Ektorp couch slipcover in white denim and it fits perfectly! At $135 a pop, I actually bought two. The navy stripe would be fun on a couple of the Ektorp club chairs that I'm considering too!
0 Likes   January 28, 2012 at 5:38AM
M J
I too am a huge fan of PB but just cannot justify paying so much more for similar looking pieces. I have done some research on PB knockoffs and IKEA hacks (where they take an Ikea piece and turn it into something better) if you are interested I will send you some links. Thanks for your reply. What is your next project?
1 Like   January 28, 2012 at 5:43AM
Lisa
Would welcome any info on customizing furniture and or slipcovers! Love PB & Ikea but dont want my home looking like a catalog! With teens still at home and a black Lab, quality and durability & great style are a must!
0 Likes   January 28, 2012 at 6:00AM
Cheryl Roach
I need this couch ir a knock off. Ikea has a discontinued navy ticking print simris blue but i would love other options. Can anyone help direct me? Thanks
0 Likes   December 4, 2012 at 1:53AM
lunadaluna
How much are the slipcovers and where do I get them.
0 Likes   August 3, 2013 at 12:39PM
More Discussions
My new build
I am planning on a white kitchen in our new home. Can...
Gwen Tindill
Show us your Christmas tree!
Only 2 days left until Christmas, and we want to see...
Jeannie Nguyen
Converting 2BHK to 3BHK
We are planning to buy a new apartment which is a 2BHK...
akshayapradeep
Converting 2BHK to 3BHK
We are planning to buy a new apartment which is a 2BHK...
akshayapradeep
Wallpaper or paint?
All these decorations will be removed anyway. So,...
zangiex3
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.