Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Accents to make this room pop!
Johana Vladimir
August 30, 2012 in Design Dilemma
Need suggestions on accessories for this LVR. Looking to maintain an elegant yet soothing space.

Thanks!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Keerthi Naidu
Hey Johana, any luck finding accents for this room? I'm in love with the rug you chose - I'd recommend using the rug as your inspiration piece and having your accessories tie in to those colors, so browns, creams, and pale blues.
December 20, 2012 at 4:35pm   
prissy13
where did you purchase the rug? I love it
December 20, 2012 at 4:41pm   
Darzy
Yes..that rug is very pretty! How about a nice size abstract art above the sofa? I think toss pillows with more contrast for your sofa would spice up the sofa. A vase with something tall on the mantle perhaps. I love this aqua marine vase for accent color for FP.
abstract art
Aquamarine Filigree Urn
December 20, 2012 at 4:48pm     
SweetDreen
I love the rug too. I love that color of blue.
December 21, 2012 at 10:07am   
December 21, 2012 at 10:13am     
Darzy
I agree with judyg. The wall color is nice, but not quite right with the sofa color. I like the ice blue suggestion.
December 21, 2012 at 1:51pm     
Bond Girl
Agree with the paint color. You need some reflective items in there. Some shiny accessories on the coffee table. Even though the mirror is reflective, it is giving you no color, so I agree you need some art work with color, even if it's subtle color. You also need some texture. A huge basket with birch logs sticking out of it, next to the FP. Maybe a basket on the bottom of the coffee table filled with your favorite reading materials. Some plants! I love your buddha hiding in the corner, a big palm behind it would be nice. Another plant on the coffee table.
December 21, 2012 at 6:33pm   
Johana Vladimir
Thanks ALL, I ended changing the sofa and added more accents to the LVRM. The rug is surprisingly from Home Depot! great quality, 100% wool and an amazing price :) I will upload as soon as I finish.
December 21, 2012 at 7:42pm   
roomi
Yes that lounge colour was never going to work with the rug. Wall colour and curtains likewise. I do like the round mirror and the round table.
December 21, 2012 at 8:46pm   
More Discussions
Island too big! Can't find granite that is 139 inches
I went to select granite today and the largest they...
Engineered marble or natural marble
Iwant white flooring in my house which marble is better...
Kitchen granite
My wife and I are doing a new build. We are roof tight....
Who will take me shopping?
I need something for the table and the wall behind...
need help with choosing a colour to paint wardrobe in master bedroom
I have mirrored bedside tables and a mirored dressing...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.