Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Metal Fireplace Surrounds
schmoopie2
August 31, 2012 in Design Dilemma
I am currently in the process of completing a new build in Muskoka, and have been admiring the beautiful metal fireplace surrounds on Houzz. Can anyone recomment a metalworker in Southern Ontario who might take on such a job??
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Emily Hurley
Hi Schmoopie, Were you able to find someone to help you with your surround yet?

Maybe this pro can point you in the right direction? http://www.houzz.com/pro/shunnisett/ridalco
0 Likes   December 21, 2012 at 12:38PM
schmoopie2
Thanks Emily! I will check them out. Unfortunately, I have put most of the house projects on hold, as my Dad has been ill. Also, still "waffling" on metal vs. natural stone. Perhaps when things settle, I can send pics.
0 Likes   December 21, 2012 at 1:57PM
PRO
Cynthia Taylor-Luce
Dear schmoopie2, I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. My Dad was my decorating "partner in crime" for many years, and without him it's been hard to get myself motivated with my own projects. Give him lots of hugs and lots of love and cherish him always. Best wishes for his recovery and for your upcoming holidays.
0 Likes   December 21, 2012 at 9:05PM
schmoopie2
Thank you, Cynthia, for your kind thoughts..Dad had part of his colon removed on Thursday Dec. 21, due to cancer. Unfortunately, the local hospital is under quarantine due to an influenza outbreak, so we can't see him. However, his nurse reports that he is "chipper". At 87 years of age, we'll take that update any day!!! Merry Christmas to you and yours.
0 Likes   December 22, 2012 at 5:34AM
PRO
Cynthia Taylor-Luce
I saw your reply on my phone early this morning, but I can't reply from my phone. You've been on my mind all day, and I wish you and your Dad all the best. You'll have to have a second Christmas when he's home to enjoy it. In the meantime, I'm glad he's coping well. Take care, schmoopie2!
Cynthia xxx
0 Likes   December 22, 2012 at 8:31PM
schmoopie2
We got the greatest news!! Dad is being discharged on Monday morning, so we will have the best Christmas EVER!!! The doctors are amazed at his progress, and I'm certain all the prayers and kind thoughts from everyone around us helped to pull him, and us, through this very difficult time. Again, sincere thanks from our house to yours..Merry Christmas!!!!
0 Likes   December 23, 2012 at 6:25AM
PRO
Cynthia Taylor-Luce
I'm so glad for you! What a fantastic Christmas story--this is what warms the heart the most: families that love and appreciate each other. Would you do me the honour of giving him a big hug from me? Tell him I'm one of the ones whose been rooting for him from afar. God bless you each and every one. Merry Christmas schmoopie2 xxx
0 Likes   December 23, 2012 at 7:33AM
PRO
Interiors International, Inc.
Every area has wonderful metal smiths. Google ornamental iron in your area.
0 Likes   December 23, 2012 at 7:50AM
groveraxle
What a great story. This thread made my day! Congratulations, schmoopie2, on the best Christmas gift ever.
1 Like   December 23, 2012 at 8:57AM
schmoopie2
Cynthia, I will happily give him a hug from you!! Grover, thank you so much for your kind thoughts....Folks like you make it so clear that there are so many compassionate, gentle people out there. These days, especially, it seems we just need to be stronger than the darker forces that seem to invade our lives. Bless all of you, particularly those who are struggling with loss. Merry Christmas to you all!!
1 Like   December 23, 2012 at 10:02AM
schmoopie2
Cynthia, just wanted to let you know that Dad is doing great! When he started to feel up to it, I showed him some encouraging notes, including your hug :) He actually teared up and was so touched by the thoughtfulness of people he didn't even know. Thanks again for your kind words. Also wanted to congratulate you on being chosen as a preferred designer for Mike Holmes; what a wonderful honour and opportunity. Richly-deserved, I'm sure!! Best wishes to you and yours...Schmoopie2
0 Likes   February 6, 2013 at 6:23PM
PRO
Cynthia Taylor-Luce
I have goose bumps schmoopie. You are so lucky to have your Dad back in great shape. He sounds like a real softie (like my Dad surely was) and I'm quite touched to know that you delivered the hug to him in person!

Thank you also about the Mike Holmes "thing". You may notice that I've taken that off my profile. The program has been delayed due to technical challenges but they assure me that it's going to launch soon. In the meantime, we've been asked to remove it from our profiles and websites websites. Argh! I hope it will be ready to go as of March. I'm excited because I anticipate it will be a good ongoing source of new clients. General advertising has never worked for me, but networking does. I see the Mike Holmes referral program as the best network ever!

Take care and keep nice and warm. Big snowstorm coming tomorrow, they say...

Continued Best Wishes,
Cynthia xxx
0 Likes   February 6, 2013 at 8:03PM
More Discussions
I need help arranging a living room
My 19' by 14' living room is chopped up with doors...
Need Help With Mom's Kitchen to Sell Her House
We need to sell Mom's house. We have a limited amount...
New wall color needed
This guest bathroom was renovated 3 years ago and I...
Our new sunroom.
Walls are a light gray with blue tint. Chairs are...
Need help for my Den?
We are planning to install hardwood, built-in desk...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.