Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
What color?
mialias
September 6, 2012 in Design Dilemma
We are buying a new (to us) house. We are getting a very large basement. It has black carpet, black ceiling, black trim/doors, and dark lime green walls (think the color on the Houzz logo). The carpet is in great condition so we are not changing it (yet). We plan on painting but would love to not have to paint it all. First to go is the dark lime green. We are considering keeping the trim and doors OR the ceiling black to save on paint cost and time. There is a small bar/kitchen area that has black cabinetry and grey countertops. Thoughts? I have no picture of the space as we do not live there yet.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Keerthi Naidu
Hi mialias, did you figure out a paint color for your basement yet? If not, I was thinking since you have dark carpet, it might be good to go with a neutral wall color - something similar to the image posted. Also, maybe you could add a rug to brighten up the space until you can change the carpet.

0 Likes   December 7, 2012 at 4:19PM
More Discussions
Bathroom design concept..
A few different design options (true-to-life images)...
VANGUARD development
Brand new painted cabinets chipping on edges.
We did custom painted cabinets shaker sale cabinets...
fanofmyfam
Need help for my living room
Hi, I need help improving the look of my living room,...
bossybear1
Bonus room upstairs needs help!
Not sure what to do as far as furniture and decor in...
heatherjayy
What is the quality of Palliser furniture?
We found this sectional at IO Metro in Dallas and loved...
gofrogs96
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.