Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
What furniture color for this bedroom?
Manuela
September 24, 2012 in Design Dilemma
I'm going to move in a mountain chalet rental that is not furnished and I'm not allowed to make any changes to the walls. I would like to buy rustic pine furniture, design style as in the shown pictures, but I don't know what color to get, the maker will do white, brown, grey, black or natural. Am I forced to go with the natural wood look because of the walls panelling?

Thank you!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
charleee
Oh, I love your furniture choices! I would choose the white because it's one of my favorite colors, and your walls are white so there's no reason to think you are forced to choose the natural. White will also allow you to choose exactly the linens, artwork and accessories you want and not have to match the brown or the grey. I think black would be too heavy for this room.
September 24, 2012 at 3:28AM     
lie1zel
yes like the furniture too, upholstery material in pastel yellow and pastel lime greens for pillows maybe pair it with olive green in the material for the curtains
September 24, 2012 at 4:09AM   
PRO
Dytecture
White of pint furniture would be ideal in this space.

September 24, 2012 at 6:30AM   
PRO
Stanton Designs-online design services
I would also suggest white furniture. Stay away from wood tones.
September 24, 2012 at 1:35PM   
houssaon
I think black would look good against the pine paneling and white walls, especially in winter. Beetle Pine Log Cabin in the Woods of Colorado White Oak with Pine Paneling

I think it would look good with quilts. Eclectic Bedroom Bedroom
September 24, 2012 at 2:09PM   
Manuela
I went with the white/ vintage white for the furniture and chose curtains as in the shown pictures. What do you all think, too girly for a mountain/ ski cottage?
What kind of rugs go with this decor?
October 3, 2012 at 3:03PM   
charleee
Personally, I would avoid the first and third fabric, only because I don't care for the colors. The second fabric could work with a blue/grey area rug. My favorite is the fourth one, I think it works the best with the wood tones. To "beef it up" you could go with a chocolate colored area rug. Very nice!
October 3, 2012 at 3:08PM     
14thstreet
I agree with Bobbi P, I much prefer the neutral choices for this space... either 2 or 4 would be pretty. The others don't really "go" as well with the rustic wall paneling.
October 3, 2012 at 3:14PM     
PRO
I really like the top right one. The white flowers will match so nicely with your furniture and the blueish grays will be a nice contrast to the wood tones in the space. However I do think you need to find another fabric to use for smaller accents like pillows and such. A neutral plaid or stripe will help tone down the "girly" feel and help give it that cottage feel. I would find a darker rug to match with this fabric to help ground the whole room.

Now if you were to use the bottom right fabric, again, I think this needs to be a small accent fabric. It matches nicely with your wood tones....but the wood is a dominate color in your space and by adding more orange it will be too much. If you used this for pillow fabric for example, then I would find another fabric that either has some deep browns or grays that coordinate with the colors in this sample. A rug option for this would be a deep brown. You need to mix some other tones in there.
October 3, 2012 at 3:25PM     
Manuela
Thanks, the fabric with the big white flowers is my favorite too. I have more on the list because there are 4 bedrooms to decorate and I wanted different curtains for each. The stripes one is being used as an accent on the sides, there will be pillows and bed throws made from accent fabrics like that, I like the combination flowers + plaid/stripes.
No pink/red/violet/green then?
October 3, 2012 at 3:49PM     
charleee
Well...............no.
October 3, 2012 at 3:49PM     
PRO
If you really like the other fabrics, you will need to pull out that green as the dominate fabric color. The green will match nicely with your wood, but the pinks and reds alone don't match.
October 3, 2012 at 3:52PM   
Aja Mazin
Top right with white flowers.

For the fabric as an accent on the sides, stripes would be very nice as would be geometrics.

Would consider different colours?
October 3, 2012 at 4:18PM     
Manuela
I've managed to finish decorating the chalet before the winter holidays and this is the result. What do you all think?
January 16, 2013 at 11:40PM     
Manuela
More pictures... The bedrooms still look a bit empty, I think I'll need to change the rugs in front of the beds with bigger ones and add a small chair/ coffee table somewhere...
January 16, 2013 at 11:47PM     
Aja Mazin
Beautifully done!
January 17, 2013 at 12:17AM   
charleee
Very nice! I really like your colors!
January 17, 2013 at 2:17AM   
PRO
Goodwin Heart Pine Company
I love black and tan with pine, take a look at this beautiful kitchen done with antique heart pine
January 18, 2013 at 8:23AM   
More Discussions
Engineered hardwood vs. tile
I live in Scottsdale Arizona. I am wondering the pros...
Retro kitchen
I'm trying to figure out the name of some retro colors...
Tiling a ceiling shower
Im renovating a basement bathroom which the shower...
How to get more white trim around our windows.
I'm looking to get more white trim around our windows....
what flooring to use ???
We have a lake home in Tahoe with 3 floors Street...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.