Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
My kitchen remodel finished in 2011
bonniezemont
September 26, 2012 in Before & After
We gutted out old 50's kitchen (in our 1920's Foursquare home) ..I designed what I wanted and our Kitchen expert went with it and gave me everything. Out with rusted old metal cabinets and in with Oak and granite!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Emily Hurley
Oh my!! Those tall cabinets are so dramatic and lovely. You must be SO thrilled with how this turned out.
November 7, 2012 at 5:54pm   
bonniezemont
Yes! I love it so much! Thank you for your comment Emily.
November 7, 2012 at 10:41pm   
PRO
Paradise Restored Landscaping & Exterior Design
Your before photo is fun to look at - amazingly pristine and perfect for a movie set - the after photos show all your well-formed design ideas! Ample cabinet and counter space, built ins - lighting everywhere - your granite! From Rusty to Radiant - this is a splendid transformation!
November 8, 2012 at 9:25am     
reginacpa
I just bought a 1908 foursquare and it has cabinets to the ceiling in its renovated kitchen. I love this look! I think I'll replace some of the upper cabinets with lighted cabinets with glass doors. VERY nice kitchen!
November 15, 2012 at 11:44am     
PRO
Stoneshop
Your kitchen is beautiful! Very cozy, yet elegant. The glass front upper cabinets are a lovely touch. Enjoy your new space!
November 15, 2012 at 11:50am     
bonniezemont
Thank you all for the kind words. I still love my kitchen so much nearly 2 years later. I havent seen another kitchen design featured anywhere that I like better! I guess that means we did it right. Perhaps someday when it's time to get new appliances we'll go with stainless or something besides white, but we had a couple of nearly new white appliances already so just stuck with that to save a bit. I dont regret it, but realize others prefer stainless. Again, thank you all so much for the nice compliments!
November 16, 2012 at 1:09pm   
yolie1110
I just did my kitchen with dark cabinets like yours, Chocolate maple but I put in black appliances, that would be my suggestion you will love the difference
February 11, 2013 at 5:10pm   
anitajoyce
Lovely!
February 11, 2013 at 5:52pm     
bonniezemont
to yolie1110: we had fairly new white stove and refrigerator and had not expected to remodel for several more years. But when we got our mini-windfall of cash we decided to save and keep the white appliances. I wouldn't consider black but maybe stainless. Although I tend to be practical and white is always less expensive! :)
February 12, 2013 at 8:52am   
yolie1110
I'm posting a few pics for u to check out
February 12, 2013 at 9:14am     
yolie1110
Another shot
February 12, 2013 at 9:19am     
simplify52
@bonniezemont I want you to know that I really like your kitchen with the white appliances. When I first saw the picture and before I read anything I thought how nice your kitchen looks and how nice the white appliances look with your cabinets. You kind of get tired of the stainless and I read somewhere that white is making a comeback!!! Nice, nice job. Enjoy your beautiful work!!!
February 12, 2013 at 11:55am     
julie77777
Thank you for posting your remodeled kitchen photos! I, too, have fairly new white appliances (except an old beige frig that will be departing soon!) -- and am trying to figure out what to do about 1993 "arch-top" cabinets in good shape, i.e. paint them or maybe get new doors and stain (such I can't replace the cabinets). This helps me a lot!
February 23, 2013 at 9:06pm