Which lighting fixture for my living room with vault ceiling?
My living room has a vault ceiling with light colored wood beams (see pics). My huband and I can not decide on what lighting to get. So far we are managing by several floor and tabel lamps, but we do need better ambience lighting in that room. Some ideas we've considered:
- Recess lights in the beams. I saw a lot of pictures here, but my husband is hesitating as he does not like the idea of cutting holes through the beams. What if we change our mind years later and the holes can't be repaired? How would you address this concern?
- Track lights. I think track lighting is better for highlighting objects (e.g an art on wall), but not very good for ambience. True?
- Chandelier. We both agree on this, but are having a hard time picking one. I saw one on houzz that I really like (from Remains Lighting) but it is too pricey for me. I'm also considering one in Restoration Hardware (see pic). What do you think? I think I would go with the rustic iron or antique brass color scheme, to match the drapery rod in that room.
- Any other recommendations? Specific products & vendors? Preferably < $1k?
- Also from the pictures, you can see that we do have a chandelier in the adjacent dining room (came with the house when we bought it). Do you think adding another chandelier (probably would be bigger and longer) in the living room would be too much, as people will be seeing both when sitting in either room? If I do get two chandeliers, should they match exactly (except sizes) to look good?
My decorating style is in general transitional leaning toward modern/contemporary.
Thanks for your help in advance!
(Pic 1,2: living room; Pic 3: Sputnik Elliptical Light from RH)