Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Modern loft apartment needed space for artwork with hidden storage
Morantz Custom Cabinetry Inc
October 7, 2012 in Design Dilemma
We built two cabinet projects in espresso rift cut oak veneers for this apartment that overlooks Byscane Bay and Miami Beach. They needed lots of storage space for entertaining platters, a buffet and an art display cabinet that looked built-in with space for luggage and extra pillows and linens for the Zoom Room hidden bed wall unit. The art display has open cubes for sculpture and touch latch doors that conceal the storage areas. The 27' long floating buffet has a drawer unit in the center to ground it visually and a floating glass top that is under-lit by rope lighting. When used as a buffet for evening parties, the food and platters are lit up and the multicolored lights of the buildings in South Beach and the moon light reflect off the water of the bay creating a truly magical experience.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Noz Nozawa
Hi! Just seeing this post for the first time. I LOVE the art display cabinet. My favorite part is the unexpected side-cubby. It's almost as if that cubby was designed specifically for the Buddha head on display. Great work, and thanks so much for sharing!!!
December 31, 2012 at 2:17pm   
PRO
Thanks Annie, we were given the Buddha head measurements in advance for that cubby location. Tzvi.
December 31, 2012 at 2:24pm   
designideas4me
Can you tell me please if you put in that gray textured wall paper and where its found? I love your place. It sounds fun and great location.
December 31, 2012 at 2:30pm   
victorianbungalowranch
Very nice. I was just looking at the Zoom Room bed the other day, but it is too pricey for me ($3-5,000 approx). Great option for a very small space or to squeeze in a guest bed though.
December 31, 2012 at 2:40pm   
PRO
This is not my apartment, so I do not know where the wall paper came from. It is the apartment of the principal owner of zoom room and the bed unit was his original sample. When he first came to my shop to sell me the zoom room idea, he loved my work and hired me to do these units for him in his apartment. We have collaborated on several zoom bed projects since then .
December 31, 2012 at 4:29pm   
Nancy Hehmann
Thanks for sharing the pictures! It is a lovely apartment to view.
December 31, 2012 at 4:36pm   
daniperez
December 31, 2012 at 4:38pm   
More Discussions
Hanging copper pans on marble wall
Ok so my marble wall is up and now my carpenter tells...
We are attempting to update a panel bookcase with paint and new doors
We are attempting to update a panel bookcase with paint...
Paint color suggestions for exterior of my new fixer-upper home.
I just purchased this house and it needs a lot of work....
I feel like something is missing.... Need some help!
I feel feel like this bedroom is missing something!...
Coffee table confusion
Looking for a great coffee table suggestion for this...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.