powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Can I add a fireplace if the only exterior wall is the picture window?
Lisa M
October 7, 2012 in Design Dilemma
Purchasing this cottage - I want to take the mural down and add a fireplace but the wall is not exterior. Other side of wall is small office. Any suggestions?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Deborah Butler, Brickwood Builders
There are some freestanding electric fireplaces and ventless gas units. I am not fond of the ventless as the units use your home in which to vent, but they are sold and used regularly.
October 7, 2012 at 6:16PM   
PRO
TJP Designs and Construction LLC
Seems to be enough room for a corner FP, but would cover part of that nice mural.
October 7, 2012 at 6:24PM   
lisacolleenmac
Thanks for your ideas. I'm not particularly fond of electric fireplaces - just don't have the same appeal. The corner fireplace is a great option, of course my ideas for decorating would have to change a bit, but that's ok. The mural will be coming down - it's wallpaper and just doesn't fit my idea of "cottage." Thanks for taking the time to respond....
October 8, 2012 at 4:19PM   
Lisa M
I purchased the house listed above (room with mural) and am including pictures of how I decorated the living room. Please, any comments or suggestions. I really love this house and hope my decorating suits the home. Any advise is greatly appreciated....Lisa
January 6, 2013 at 11:15PM   
2dogssashatess
room has lots of potential, lovely windows, like the panelling
January 6, 2013 at 11:33PM   
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.