Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Glass "door"?
mwagner7700
October 8, 2012 in Photo Questions
I love this look. And it's the exact layout of my bathroom. I have a question about the "opening". Is there no glass "door"? What prevents water from the shower from getting out?
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Natasha Barrault Design
Thanks. Nothing prevents the water from getting out, other than the sheer size of the shower which is quite wide. Bear in mind this bathroom was designed for a toddler who never showers alone, so an adult is actually showering him with the handheld, or when the shower head is used on the other side it is simply directed properly to avoid any splashing towards the bathroom. It works, under these conditions. We are about to do another one, very similar to this, for a teenage girl, and we are planning on no glass door again. Hope that helps.
October 9, 2012 at 11:11am   
mwagner7700
That does help. Thanks. I love absolutely everything about this bathroom. Unfortunately, mine isn't so large so I can't go much wider than a typical shower (maybe another 6", but that's it... and that would probably require reworking the location of the toilet). I look forward to seeing pics of the new bathroom you're working on. Thanks so much for replying!!!!
October 9, 2012 at 11:27am   
PRO
Natasha Barrault Design
My pleasure. You may need a door if you have a standard width, unless you are careful when using it. I always try to avoid the door whenever I can! Good luck with your project. I am attaching a pic of another bathroom I did without a door which was a regular width, and no curb on top of it!
A little bit of water would sometimes go into the bathroom but only a small amount and it never bothered anybody.
October 10, 2012 at 10:45am     
Rivka McLean
Would 34" be enough not to have a door?
December 12, 2012 at 7:33am   
PRO
Natasha Barrault Design
I assume you are talking about the opening? Hard to say without seeing the room's lay out but in theory, yes. It's very personal though. I am sure a ton of designers out there would disagree and insist on a door. It depends on your lifestyle and priorities.
December 12, 2012 at 2:58pm   
Rivka McLean
Thank you for your response. I will try it first and find out if it works.
December 12, 2012 at 3:48pm   
PRO
Natasha Barrault Design
That's ideal if you can.
December 12, 2012 at 4:09pm   
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.