powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
This bathroom is stunning! Thank you for sharing it. How did you achieve the window in the shower?
rousie
October 19, 2012 in Photo Questions
We are currently laying out a very similarly sized bathroom but there is a window in the wall where the shower will go and we are unsure as to what is involved in changing the window to a glass panel and how to ensure there will not be water problems in the future.

Thanks so much. We would really appreciate a response.

Lisa
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Griffin Enright Architects
There's no way to ensure no water problems. This condition has a high window, which is aluminum and a sloped Stone sill - these measures help the issue.
2 Likes   November 4, 2012 at 4:11PM
calikym
Does this window open or is it a picture window only?
0 Likes   January 9, 2013 at 5:21PM
PRO
Cynthia Taylor-Luce
With the very thin frame (aluminum) there doesn't appear to be any way that this would open. I don't think it matters--it's a stunning addition to the shower. This room must have been designed in a detailed way when the exterior was designed, and shows how using an architect can raise the standard of design possible to astronomic heights. My hat is off to Griffin Enright Architects. Breath-takingly beautiful bathroom.
0 Likes   January 19, 2013 at 6:41AM
kalliopip
where can a homeowner purchase windows like these?
0 Likes   April 17, 2013 at 11:28AM
PRO
Cynthia Taylor-Luce
Where do you live, kalliopip?
0 Likes   April 17, 2013 at 7:19PM
kalliopip
Phoenix Arizona
0 Likes   April 17, 2013 at 9:23PM
PRO
Cynthia Taylor-Luce
I'm in the Toronto area so I have no knowledge of your local window suppliers. I recommend you show this photo to the various companies in your city and find out who has products similar to this. Above I had said this was an aluminum-framed window, but it could be fibreglas which also allows a very thin frame. Fibreglas windows are very high quality items and fairly pricy. Best of luck in your search.
0 Likes   April 18, 2013 at 1:07PM
kalliopip
Thank-you anyway
0 Likes   April 20, 2013 at 7:46AM
PRO
Griffin Enright Architects
its a fixed window - similar to storefront window systems
0 Likes   October 3, 2013 at 9:12PM
Freda Valentine
Your bathroom is absolutely stunning; I love it to bits.
0 Likes   February 17, 2014 at 1:05PM
kisma11
I love this bathroom and the way you have placed all the essential items I would love to copy this In the house we are renovating in the UK would you be so kind as to provide the dimensions of the room. Many Thanks
0 Likes   March 5, 2014 at 2:34PM
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.