Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
bedroom help, cathedral ceilings
kickerkeeper
October 23, 2012 in Design Dilemma
I'm thinking of benjamin moore philipsburg blue on the wall behind the bed and the wall around the big window and a lighter shade on the rest of the walls. We just moved so we don't have a lot right now. We did just buy the headboard and will eventually buy other furniture. Silvery valences and pillows? THis room gets a lot of light
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Emily Hurley
HI Kickerkeeper, did you decide on a color? What a great space. That ceiling gives you so much room!
0 Likes   November 13, 2012 at 9:31AM
kickerkeeper
we painted the wall behind the bed and around the window, Benjamin Moore Philipsburg Blue and love it! We have some charcoal silver throws, a "crushed mirror" lamp on each side of the bed. We are trying to decide what color to paint the other walls... maybe a gray? we will take suggestions, thank yoU!
1 Like   November 13, 2012 at 9:43AM
PRO
GARY FINLEY, ASID
paint all the surfaces the same color
0 Likes   November 13, 2012 at 10:05AM
Emily Hurley
Sounds great! Woud love to see an updated pic if you have one!
1 Like   November 13, 2012 at 10:06AM
PRO
GARY FINLEY, ASID
the plate-line (where your ceiling and walls meet) is so low as one look straight ahead the ceiling and the walls are both in view.......kill out the line by having all the surfaces the same ....there will be a bit of contrast with the change of light as it reflects from the different surfaces
1 Like   November 13, 2012 at 10:07AM
kickerkeeper
I'll post a picture tonight. I'm thinking the color may close in the space too much which is why I was thinking another color. What are your thoughts?
0 Likes   November 13, 2012 at 10:07AM
PRO
GARY FINLEY, ASID
it wont.................you have hight ceiling and better to have a 'closed in space' that looks good and is restful than too much going on......you have little in the space as you mentoned which is fine for now....dont ask the space to be "decorative' at this point......be brave
0 Likes   November 13, 2012 at 10:09AM
decoenthusiaste
Keep going with the blue and consider closing off the window behind the bed and using draped fabric or upholstery on that entire wall in your silver! Will be stunning! Looking forward to seeing!
0 Likes   November 13, 2012 at 10:11AM
PRO
Universal Stretch Ceilings
Hi! We would suggest stretch ceilings solution! it is a fast and easy alternative to drywall and stucco. Stretch ceilings doesn’t fade away or crack, the installation is easy, fast and clean!
0 Likes   November 13, 2012 at 10:12AM
crazylife
I would consider painting the ceiling. You could use your wall color, but cut it 50%. The tone should be perfect. You have a very large room, have you considered floating your bed off one of the corners rather than placing it directly in front of the smaller window?.
0 Likes   November 13, 2012 at 10:13AM
kickerkeeper
decoenthusiaste and Gary Finley, would you say the ceiling too??? or just the walls?
0 Likes   November 13, 2012 at 10:14AM
PRO
GARY FINLEY, ASID
that would work.....shoud see a difference with 50 75 % will likely not show a difference
0 Likes   November 13, 2012 at 10:15AM
kickerkeeper
Here is an after shot. A little messy but you get the idea
1 Like   November 15, 2012 at 7:23PM
kickerkeeper
Here is an after shot. A little messy but you get the idea
2 Likes   November 15, 2012 at 7:23PM
lefty47
HI -- You need to cut the contrast between the walls and the ceiling . Paint the ceiling either a very pale grey blue or a soft golden tan . Actually vaulted rooms should really be all one color - walls and ceiling .
0 Likes   November 15, 2012 at 8:52PM
lefty47
HI -- Sorry - but I don't like it . The drape behind the headboard adds nothing and it;s too small - it should be up at the ceiling /wall edge and as wide as the headboard . The ceiling is still too much contrast . It could be painted the same color as that drapes or the color in the bedspread. The same drapes should also be at the window to bring the room together, because it still looks unfinished. I will say it again -- vaulted rooms look better painted , all one color !
0 Likes   January 25, 2013 at 7:39AM
PRO
GARY FINLEY, ASID
if would be nice to see two additional drapery panels behind the bed one on either side of the one you put up....whats on the other large window
0 Likes   January 25, 2013 at 8:09AM
kickerkeeper
can't paint the ceiling because of the finish- we had considered but it will be too much. They are blinds on the other window. i ordered drapes to close it in more. We will be getting a bigger bed as this is a platform bed. Trying to do this on the cheap
0 Likes   January 25, 2013 at 8:17AM
PRO
GARY FINLEY, ASID
FYI
dont do anything more until it is all planned!!! Please....
0 Likes   January 25, 2013 at 10:07AM
PRO
Euro Style Lighting
When you start furnishing or adding lighting (like a great chandelier!) we can help. Let us know if you have any questions. http://www.eurostylelighting.com/
0 Likes   January 25, 2013 at 10:29AM
PRO
Creations Nadia Interior Design
can you reverse your bed and put it against an arch window???
0 Likes   January 26, 2013 at 7:51AM
More Discussions
Lights
My great room is quite dim, how can I add more light...
Are silk trees out of style? I have three very realistic looking tree
A red maple, a eucalyptus tree and another green small...
should both sofas be styled the same?
I have two west elm sofas in a cream color. I need...
Need help choosing wall color for this bath...
To keep within our budget we are keeping this bath...
What do I do with this GAUDY Rococo Bedroom Set? Help
So, very good friends of mine moved to the Yucatan....
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.