Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
continuation from: "need help picking a curtain color and print"
Sherry Mau
October 30, 2012 in Design Dilemma
tried to do a panoramic picture using my iPhone.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Noz Nozawa
Hi Sherry! I'm just seeing your posts about curtain color / print for the first time, and I actually really like the wide-stripe black and white curtains, with your black table/white chairs that are all mismatched. I am probably not the best person to ask about color (I painted my living room black - photo below), but what I love about your space so far is that it's very diverse in textures. Between the pendant above the dining table, how different all your chairs are, and the horizontal stripes, you could probably embrace the black/white look and accessorize with a few bold-colored accents, like a mustard or teal centerpiece for your table, or bold-colored artwork around the rest of the living space.

The other thing I'd suggest, if you're interested in making the space more bold, is if you're open to painting walls again, to actually go bolder with your overall neutral color and try a darker pewter. If your space gets enough light, you could totally go for a medium-grey that made your walls look bolder! Love your space!!
0 Likes   December 17, 2012 at 5:17PM
Sherry Mau
Hi Annie, thanks for the compliments and advice. I've actually changed a few things such as the curtains, above the kitchen cabinets and also by the front door where the red chair was. I so loved the black and white striped curtains as well but in person they look really screwed up. I made a lot of mistakes on the curtains that the camera doesnt show (so they actually look better in pics). Ive searched high and low for striped fabric, curtains, etc. but only found one alternative which was shower curtains. i'm debating if i should order them. for now I just put up some white ikea curtains and plan to put bamboo blinds under to layer it. I like your living space as well, that is very bold painting your walls black but they work for your space. I'm chicken to go darker plus very lazy to paint again. i've been scarred by painting my house and have grown to almost hate painting, LOL! I do love to change my look all the time tho. my house is always changing because i can't seem to stick to one look, I'm just cockoo that way, haha!
1 Like   December 17, 2012 at 10:21PM
Sherry Mau
forgot to mention, that I'm trying to achieve a modern cottage feel so I've been adding more blues and whites into the kitchen area.
1 Like   December 17, 2012 at 10:22PM
kah416
Hi! :) I like your style! Here are a few curtain ideas for you :) Hope I could help you! :)
1 Like   December 17, 2012 at 11:06PM
kah416
Here is a black and white print from Target...just an idea :)
2 Likes   December 17, 2012 at 11:09PM
Sherry Mau
Hi kah416, that's funny that u put up the black & white print because I actually bought that print but when I put it up it felt really heavy in my small space(1099 sq ft for the entire house) so I ended up using it to upholster my bench(the photo with the blue lamp) I'm also thinking of using it on my dining chairs as well but not sure yet. Thanks for the suggestions tho, keep um coming!
1 Like   December 17, 2012 at 11:51PM