Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Electric Range
nick4378
November 1, 2012 in Design Dilemma
Starting to get ideas together for a kitchen re-model. New appliances, refacing cabinets and new countertops. There is no gas in the condo. Therefore, we are looking for a free standing induction range with a convention oven. The #1 choice so far is a Viking induction range (image attached)

Any other suggestions?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Emily Hurley
I haven't used this particular stove, but I have been REALLY happy with Viking stoves in the past overall.
0 Likes   November 1, 2012 at 10:21AM
fife2
Have you considered a Blue Star? Made in PA.? Any color, any style you need. And a heck of a lot cheaper than Viking?
0 Likes   November 1, 2012 at 10:43AM
nick4378
There is no Gas Line in the condo as stated in the original post. Therefore, Blue star along with a lot of other manufacturers is not an option. I dont want to do a cook top either and am looking for a free standing range.

Thanks
0 Likes   November 1, 2012 at 11:38AM
fife2
Ooops soory - I thought they too made COMBO ranges. Looks like this is your best option! I would go for it . . . we don't have a gas line for the stove either.
0 Likes   November 1, 2012 at 4:53PM
PRO
City Cabinet Center, San Diego
What type of counter tops do your currently have? Is there a reason you want to get new counter tops, but only reface the cabinets? Is the cabinetry newer or still in good condition? Is this remodel meant to upgrade the condo for sale? Or is it for you to live in for the foreseeable future?
0 Likes   November 1, 2012 at 5:11PM
nick4378
Currently the kitchen is 20 years old. The counter is corian & has a Gaggenau cooktop with a Bosch oven under it. The innards of the cabinets are in good shape while the doors are dated.

I want to replace the counters with white or grey quartz (floor is currently crema marfil) lower cabinet doors with a dark brown color and upper cabinet with white doors. The design of the cabinets will be shaker style. Sink will be Kohler "vault" under mounted with a purist kitchen faucet.

Viking/sub-zero French door fridge. Miele or Viking hood & a Miele dishwasher.

Just wanted to make sure that there isn't any other induction range out there before I commit.

The condo is to be lived in. Hence no room for compromise :)

Going for a kitchen that will go nicely with the living room it looks into
0 Likes   November 1, 2012 at 5:29PM
PRO
Attention to Detail Home Remodeling
I commend you on your choice of an induction range. You will get superior cooking with instant heat control and saving tons of energy doing so and keeping your kitchen cooler. Below , besides the Viking range, I have two other favors that I think would be more in your price range. Unless you love the knobs on the Viking.

My first pick is:
Electrolux Induction Range
The EW30IF60IS from Electrolux features the elegant Wave-Touch Controls, which appear and disappear with the touch of a button. Its Exceptional Temperature Control allows you to adjust heat with pinpoint accuracy, especially at lower settings. Use its Wave-Touch Controls to activate the control panel with one simple touch, showing the virtually endless cooking options.

My second pick is:
GE Profile Induction Range
This PHB925STSS30″ freestanding induction range has a 5.3 cu. ft. capacity. It comes with 4 elements, a warming zone, PreciseAir Convection Oven that circulates air and heat for even baking, a self-clean function, warming drawer, hidden bake oven interior, and NextStep controls. Plus, it’s absolutely stunning! It has a beautiful black gloss oven interior that adds a great touch to the kitchen.
0 Likes   November 5, 2012 at 6:30AM