powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
6 All Time Popular Dining Rooms - Pick your Favorite!
Houzz Polls
November 2, 2012 in Polls
These are 6 of the most all-time popular dining rooms on Houzz!

Which one would you most like to gather in for Thanksgiving dinner?

VOTE and let us know what you love about it!
Denver Ranch - D&D Interiors
Willowgrove Dining Room - Atmosphere Interior Design Inc.
House of the Year - Andrea Schumacher
Traditional Dallas - Ellen Grasso & Sons, LLC
North Shore - AMI Designs
Lake Minnetonka - Twist Interior Design
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lionnessone
If I had anyone of these dining rooms, I’d be very thankful to have Thanksgiving dinner in anyone of them. They are all beautiful!
8 Likes   November 2, 2012 at 11:13AM
PRO
Joanne Jakab Interior Design
Yes, these are great examples of well designed rooms that obviously reflect the homeowners tastes and lifestyles. I do love eating "in the round" as is the tradition in Asian homes however it's not always possible.
0 Likes   November 2, 2012 at 11:24AM
sheetalk
i love the dinning room with black chairs.it is lovely.the interior is perfect i like the mirror,the wall ,i guess with black wallpaper.even though all the other designs are equally stunning.i am doing up my own flat.though it is not big but as my hubby is an architect and interior designer.he is doing our home very wel.and i am happy with the way things are going.
0 Likes   November 2, 2012 at 11:55AM
PRO
Paradise Restored Landscaping & Exterior Design
Fun poll and they truly are great dining rooms - I like to have room when dining especially with a group for a lingering affair - the Denver ranch - loads of room - not over done feels good - however, would also be able to kick back and relax at the north shore table - super comfy while being stunning!
1 Like   November 2, 2012 at 12:19PM
Keerthi Naidu
I went for the North Shore dining room by AMI Designs. I love the simplicity of the design and especially love the salvaged table - it looks like the perfect setting for Thanksgiving dinner!
1 Like   November 2, 2012 at 3:33PM
Nancy Hehmann
I voted for Lake Minnetoka although I was not crazy about the gray wallcovering. I loved North Shore Dining room except the rustic table looked very out of place - the table should have been in a cabin somewhere.
1 Like   November 2, 2012 at 4:02PM
PRO
Dytecture
Gotta vote for the modern style of the Denver Ranch.
0 Likes   November 2, 2012 at 4:12PM
mollythecollie
Loved both the Denver Ranch, but could easily see eating at the round table of the traditional Dallas. so went with Dallas.
0 Likes   November 2, 2012 at 4:40PM
PRO
Design & Decor By Shelley
My vote would be for the North Shore..It's all about giving "Thanks" being with friends and family. I can see the comfort and warmth at this table and it's all about the atmosphere..
2 Likes   November 2, 2012 at 4:58PM
sluggodog
They are all absolutely gorgeous.. but have to pick Denver Ranch...the views, the fire place, lighting would be gorgeous at night...
0 Likes   November 2, 2012 at 5:13PM
inkwitch
You got to be kidding! I'm supposed to CHOOSE? Let's do a "progressive dinner" and visit every one! As long as none of them are in Manhattan. I don't think they're going to be dug out by Christmas, nevermind THanksgiving!

But I have to choose Traditional Dallas -- although Showcase House is vying with it! Dallas! Love that chandelier! And the colors. I'm in love!
2 Likes   November 2, 2012 at 5:45PM
Wendy Tomoyasu
I love the Lake Minnetonka. Nice floor plan and ceiling plan.
0 Likes   November 2, 2012 at 6:03PM
tinabug
Denver Ranch, it's bright and comfortable. A bit too modern for me but aside from the House of the Year the most appropriate for large dinner.
0 Likes   November 2, 2012 at 6:41PM
momof5x
They will all make beautiful dining areas and a nice surrounding for a nice family meal! I picked North Shore as a traditional roast meal looks really great on a long natural looking wooden table plus there usually is a large gathering at those times.

I came to that choice by imagining how a large roast with all the trimmings etc would look on each table, thus my choice. Of course like someone said above.. let's dine in each of them!
0 Likes   November 3, 2012 at 5:17AM
PRO
Norwood Interior Designs
My vote was Lake Minnetoka. Colors are clean and classic, and the use of texture with the grass cloth on the walls, fabric selection for chairs and crystals on the chandelier are a pefect blend.
0 Likes   November 3, 2012 at 5:41AM
Linda Buice
All the rooms were fantastic, but the fireplace was the draw for the Denver house
0 Likes   November 3, 2012 at 7:21AM
PRO
Spiral Cone Legs
Denver ranch for me.
A fireplace a view, and it doesn't seem like the kind of place where I'd have to ask to be excused to leave the table. The only thing missing is our legs under the table.
1 Like   November 3, 2012 at 9:38AM
nadyanadya
Willowgrove is elegant yet a bit too formal. House of The Year is the coziest looking for a small family Thanksgiving celebration.
1 Like   November 3, 2012 at 3:40PM
sylvestercat
Boy I am not impressed with any of them. Guess I wasn't cut out to be rich and famous. They all make me feel like being in a dining room in Las Vegas. Don't like the high cielings, cut glass light fixtures, all way too formal for me.
5 Likes   November 4, 2012 at 4:58AM
archadeckjulie
I love the fireplace in 'Denver Ranch' but it's a bit barren & cold other than that for my taste. The ceiling completed the great, well thought out design in the 'Lake Minnetonka' -I love tray ceilings. They all are great, and all better than mine!
0 Likes   November 4, 2012 at 6:13AM
ajnz833
I love the country table and elegant chairs of the North Shore dining room and the romance of the chandelier. I'd like to see this dining room in the evening with candlelight.
0 Likes   November 4, 2012 at 7:16AM
tslvtwins
The Denver Ranch is the only one that I would have in my home. The table in the North Shore is nice but the chairs and sideboard are too similar and give it a "matchy" vibe.
0 Likes   November 4, 2012 at 11:32AM
ikwewe
I love the table in North Shore, the walls, floor and light fixture in Traditional Dallas, The chairs in Denver Ranch
0 Likes   November 4, 2012 at 7:14PM
Corinne Madias
Man these where all winners.Very difficult to chose.The fireplace and views sold me on denver. Table at northshore does stir me room wasnt warm enough.Sofa around table looks cozy but does that ever really work?And it was white. Minnetonka is GORGEOUS but too stiff.Dallas had everday appeal but it looked cramped at the table or maybe needed a rug? I didnt answer poll first time because i couldnt decide. I tried to think of which one I would like if I had to see it everyday...Denver was it.
0 Likes   November 4, 2012 at 8:25PM
PRO
Marie Hebson's interiorsBYDESIGN Inc.
I like this one better...
2 Likes   November 4, 2012 at 11:28PM
charleee
I voted for Denver Ranch. I wanted to vote for North Shore, but that table looked too contrived, farmhouse without the farmhouse.
0 Likes   November 5, 2012 at 3:24AM
lyvia
Minnetonka has a classy serenity about it.
0 Likes   November 5, 2012 at 6:41AM
farahhamdan
I vote for Denver ranch .The fire place is great with the stone wall and it made a very good partition ,and I liked the mix of the very dark color with the very bright one.
0 Likes   November 5, 2012 at 7:21AM
PRO
Tight Lines Construction Inc
It was a toss up between the Denver ranch and the North Shore for its simplicity, but I went with the ranch because of the fireplace.
0 Likes   November 5, 2012 at 8:47AM
PRO
Reico Kitchen & Bath
I'm eating at Willowgrove!
0 Likes   November 5, 2012 at 1:17PM
Aja Mazin
Lake Minnetonka - Twist Interior Design!
0 Likes   November 5, 2012 at 2:09PM
sngglebnny
I'm head over heals for Lake Minnetonka, but Willowgrove took my breath away.
0 Likes   November 5, 2012 at 2:29PM
PRO
Contempo Space
Denver Ranch looks cozy!

Willowgrove is really nice too in its own way, but different chairs would have made it even better.
0 Likes   November 14, 2012 at 9:30AM
PRO
Charmean Neithart Interiors, LLC.
I'd ask for seconds in the Lake Minnetonka DR just so I can stare at those textured walls longer. Winner!
1 Like   December 4, 2012 at 5:08PM
grobby
I voted for House of the Year. Love the coziness and those big windows as a backdrop.
The windows make such a statement.
1 Like   April 20, 2014 at 5:07PM
PRO
Studio M Interior Design
Loving the grasscloth and artwork in the Lake Minnetonka dining table. That one has my vote! :)
0 Likes   April 22, 2014 at 7:48AM
Jessica
They are all rather nice although I personally don't like so much black in a room. The problem I had in choosing one is that most of these would never seat all the extended family who come to Thanksgiving dinner! I need seating for a minimum of 15 and usually more like 20 for that meal.
0 Likes   April 22, 2014 at 8:01AM
PRO
SoCal Contractor
I love the bold look from the dark colors used in the Willowgrove Dining Room!
0 Likes   July 10, 2014 at 3:01PM