Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Seating Arrangement Options
wilsontanka
November 3, 2012 in Polls
Narrow Living Room
14'x11' with approximately a 9.5' ceiling.
Furniture options are limited to Arhaus furniture (long story).
*We like a heavy masculine feel and have ordered the Berwick sofa but are open to other options.
** We also are considering purchasing the club tufted ottoman in a Aubergine and I'm not sure how much tufting one room can take!

Here is the room:
1 Berwick Sofa (a heavily black leather distressed Chesterfield) & Two Bergere styled chairs
2 Tangier settees & a pair the same Bergere styled chairs
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Emily Hurley
Just cast my vote. I can not WAIT to see what you do in this room. I love it already.
0 Likes   November 6, 2012 at 5:07PM
Darzy
I can't wait either! Love tufting. : )
0 Likes   November 6, 2012 at 5:43PM
victorianbungalowranch
I think the ottoman would be too much. How about an Art Deco type metal and glass coffee table to take the edge off all of the heavy stuff?

A rug would be nice too. Love the wallpaper and the original radiator. That is the best heat ever.
1 Like   November 6, 2012 at 5:54PM
PRO
MUMMEINTERIORS
Love the wallpaper and wood floor finish. Sofa and chairs great. Either an ottoman or cocktail table would be great. I would love to see some sconces above the fireplace and the trim painted in a grey to blend in with the wallpaper. I agree, a rug or even a zebra hide would be fab treatment on the floor with that sofa. Accessorize, Accessorize, Accessorize! Good luck and have fun with your project!

Matt

For more design inspiration visit my blog: http://mummeinteriors.wordpress.com
0 Likes   November 6, 2012 at 6:35PM
PRO
Urban Ideas Inc.
I love what you have done so far. I would choose the sofa with two chairs. I feel with a room your size it allows for more flow and the illusion of more space. It also gives you more flexibility when entertaining if you need to move furniture around,

Also, I would suggest a metal and glass or mirror coffee table. It will add some shine and glamour to the space. A brushed antique gold would be my preference, but you have flexibility to go chrome to pick up the grey tones of the wallpaper and sofa.

I am thinking about something like this coffee table.

Good luck!
0 Likes   November 6, 2012 at 7:16PM
decoenthusiaste
I think I broke the tie!
0 Likes   November 6, 2012 at 7:24PM
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.