powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Three windows....what type of curtains????
lindsayc543
November 3, 2012 in Design Dilemma
Don't know what to put up....
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dcer
Run an extra-long curtain rod up near the ceiling all the way across the windows, then buy drapes that skim the ground. It will look great when you are done!
November 3, 2012 at 8:17AM     
charleee
dcer, good idea! Or bottom up shades: [houzz=
]
November 3, 2012 at 8:22AM   
decoenthusiaste
Are they making cordless bottom up shades now? That was always my complaint, but I love the concept for privacy yet light.
November 3, 2012 at 6:06PM   
pamelalee
There are also top down bottom up woven woods out there. They do provide u with privacy and can include blackout lining if desired. Then at a later time you could also layer with curtains which could be just side panel type to add depth and interest.
November 3, 2012 at 7:23PM   
bich
Shutters would look clean and simple.
November 3, 2012 at 8:07PM   
PRO
Tres McKinney Design
Your style is contemporary or transitional then plantation shutters or 3 tailored roman shades would look great. If roman shades then mount them above the windows so when they stack up most of the window is open. Shutters are a good option because you can tilt the blades to control the sun , still see out without completely closing curtains or shades. Either of these two treatments look great with either contemporary or traditional design. If you prefer curtains then I agree with dcer. Floor to ceiling.
Verisol or pleated shades looks a little sterile and unfinished. Go with amore polished look like shutters, roman shades or curtains to compliment your pretty paned windows.
November 3, 2012 at 9:25PM   
janishill
I vote for shades and panels. Hang the panels high (see attached photo) and hang the Roman shades so that the top is just under the rod. Be sure to hang a panel between each window so they look finished.
November 3, 2012 at 10:01PM     
danielfroh
I"d suggest plantation shutters as well with larger louvers. Generally the larger the louver the more light control you have (fewer cracks) and the less obstructions you have when open. At minimum I'd recommend a 3 1/2' louver (traditional plantation shutters are usually 2 1/2") but a 4 1/2" would be very nice and open and "cleaner" looking. If the room needs to be warmed up, cozied up a bit, then I'd suggest a warm wood stain...mahogany or oxblood. If the room is contemporary I'd go for a striking brown black stain that would pop against white woodwork
November 3, 2012 at 10:19PM   
PRO
Susan Mills Design
My first thought was roman blinds for your windows, the shape of a relaxed roman would suit your windows beautifully. Restoration Hardware is now doing shades, great selection of fabrics from linen to sheers and very competetive in pricing.
November 4, 2012 at 1:05AM   
PRO
KURTINZ.COM
You can choose either roman Blinds and made to measure curtains for your window. We have so many design the fit to your windows.
November 4, 2012 at 7:16PM     
jrgchs
Hi, I see you have toys on the floor. I say get beautiful Hunter Douglas silhouettes with panels. The little ones will destroy long puddling curtains on the floor. My crew is 9,8 and 4. The four year got permanent black marker on my couch this morning. I have so many rules about markers and pens my rules have rules. Some how something always slips through the crack. Good luck
November 4, 2012 at 7:26PM     
apple_pie_order
Shutters or simple washable curtain panels are relatively kid proof and dog proof. Look at Roman shades carefully to see if the cords can be safe for small children.
November 4, 2012 at 7:42PM   
PRO
Julia Wakely Interiors
I would definitely add 1 long curtain rod 2" from ceiling and 2 extra wide Pottery Barn Peyton drapes. They are good quality, lined cotton linen and wide enough to add fullness on either side.
November 4, 2012 at 7:55PM   
PRO
Mint Design
You can visually raise the ceiling by hanging floor to ceiling draperies. If you prefer light and privacy and a less formal look I suggest cafe curtains. :)
November 4, 2012 at 8:13PM     
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.