powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Love this look! What did you use to form the curved walls?
sevenreeses
November 3, 2012 in Photo Questions
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
BeautifulRemodel.com
Hi Sevenreeses,

Thanks for the kind words! We created these walls from 2x6 KD framing lumber, and top & bottom curved plates made from two layers (each) of 3/4" PT plywood. (Fwiw, I laid out the full sheets of plywood on the floor, and hand-sketched the curves full-scale, until I got the look I wanted. The sheets were then stacked together and cut with a jigsaw)

If you visit my website and click on this photo, you'll see additional photos including a progress photo showing the framing only.

Thanks
0 Likes   November 3, 2012 at 9:40AM
sevenreeses
Thanks so much for the info. And i think I even understand!
1 Like   November 3, 2012 at 10:29AM
PRO
BeautifulRemodel.com
You're welcome, the framing photo should help explain how they're built, but let me know if you have more questions

~ Steve
0 Likes   November 3, 2012 at 10:32AM
sharynkel
I am considering an acrylic freestanding tub like this, but am afraid of it looking "cheap" or "plastic-y" Looks beautiful in person but it is used in just a certain price range home?
0 Likes   July 15, 2013 at 6:03PM
PRO
BeautifulRemodel.com
Hi sharynkel, good question. My client and I very much like how they look, they feel substantial and well-made. The sheen is similar to that of a porcelain sink, imo. (This project used a tub from SignatureHardware.com) Pricing is quite good, considering.

For a slightly different look than the acrylic, with less sheen, you may want to consider a resin tub. They are more expensive but also more durable. Fwiw, I would not spec an acrylic tub for a childrens bathroom, as the acrylic can scratch quite easily. Not a concern with adults, most of the time at least :o)

Steve
0 Likes   July 16, 2013 at 9:04AM
More Discussions
repairing wood table
Our puppy got a little hungry while we were away. Does...
Dana Ratliff
Kitchen Counter Dilemma!
Hi everyone! It's my first time posting! My husband...
Marissa DiGennaro Burg
Giant Gator Art?
First, thank you to GroverAxle who helped me get started...
LeAnne Cantrell
Our plans, any suggestions?
We worked with a builder and came up with these plans....
a145263
Dining room chair placement
When not in use, how far should the back of the dining...
pazzanop
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.