Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Floors & Cabinet Colors
amcox_us
November 3, 2012 in Photo Questions
I am redoing my kitchen. I would love to have dark hardwood floors and maple cabinets. I'm not so sure if that combination will work. Also, what suggestions do you have.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Amy Burke
Can you share a photo of your space? It's really a matter of what your place calls for. Thanks :)
November 3, 2012 at 6:23PM   
amcox_us
Amy, I will have the hardwood throughout the first floor. I prefer the dark wood. More elegant to me.
November 3, 2012 at 6:38PM   
amcox_us
I believe the colors that I was told about were: Shaw Coffee Bean floors and Cafe Maple Cabinets. I'm very unsure of the countertop, a light color, maybe.
November 3, 2012 at 6:41PM     
Amy Burke
Thanks for the pics, that helps a lot! I think it would be very rich. To me the key is to have enough grain to the wood floor so there is essentially 2 shades of brown in it. I would then pull the cabinet color from one of the two shades, this way it not too monolithic. Here is the Coffee Bean and a cabinet manufacturer I have dealt with Marsh and their version of Cafe Maple. This works!
November 3, 2012 at 6:58PM     
amcox_us
Countertop color?
November 3, 2012 at 7:20PM   
Amy Burke
That looks like a Giallo Veneziano or Giallo Fiorito Granite. That will work but it would not have been my first choice, with all the stone out there that is. Price is usually pretty decent and the pallet is easy to work with. I am afraid it may all look a bit dark from floors to cabs to tops but light stones are a premium. Hers a Giallo Ornamental Granite and it should be within the same range of the other Giallo. Some are cream with browns and some are a bit more blushy although I like the creamy version they would both work for you. Best of luck!
November 3, 2012 at 7:48PM   
amcox_us
I was hoping for light color suggestion. I don't want it too dark. More names please.
November 3, 2012 at 8:10PM   
amcox_us
I was hoping for light color suggestion. I don't want it too dark. More names please.
November 3, 2012 at 8:10PM   
Amy Burke
Ok, good. Here's a couple you should be able to find. My absolute favorite is the chunky and gorgeous Delicatus, another nice soft veined one is Kashmir White and I also see a bit of Antique white look like Delicatus. Bianco Romano, White River, these look a bit like the Kashmir. Hope that helps!
November 3, 2012 at 8:21PM     
amcox_us
Amy! Thank you so much!
November 3, 2012 at 8:23PM   
Amy Burke
I'm here if you need any advice at all. I eat sleep and breath design and mostly granite and marble while working for a stone fabricator. Mainly a cabinet designer with over 10 yrs experience so I hope to be able to assist in most anything you need. Thanks!
November 3, 2012 at 8:29PM   
amcox_us
Thanks! That is wonderful news for ME! We shall be talking soon. ;-)
November 3, 2012 at 8:38PM   
amcox_us
Below are floor shades and cabinet colors (cafe, coffee & mocha). I have a much broader range with the granite colors.
November 3, 2012 at 8:47PM   
amcox_us
Lets not forget about backsplash.
November 3, 2012 at 8:57PM   
Amy Burke
I'm leaning towards then on the right end. I am leaning toward light tile as well. Perhaps adding an insertnof glass with a darker shade can also be fun. Subway tile is classic and looks really nice. Have a wonderful day!
November 4, 2012 at 4:23AM     
amcox_us
I'm sorry, I'm slightly confused. I was looking a hardwood throughout the entire first floor. I like: Coffee Bean Floor, the cabinet color at the bottom, possibly Delicatus Countertop (not too much white) and lighter tile. Does any of this sound right? I'm literally trying to gather all of your suggestions and pit it together. How great is hardwood throughout?
November 4, 2012 at 4:40AM   
amcox_us
3rd cabinet color
November 4, 2012 at 6:08AM   
amcox_us
Floors: Gunstock, Coffee Bean, & Hazelnut
Cabinet: Coffee, Mocha & Cafe
November 4, 2012 at 8:47AM   
Amy Burke
Ohhhh, I really like the last cabinet color, does it have a glaze? This looks really nice with the 3rd dark floor color (3rd from the left in a small sample). If the coffee bean is the far left large sample it is nice as well. The delicatus can range from creamy to white and I feel something in between is nicer with the browns, I have found too ice white is tough to work around.
November 4, 2012 at 10:22AM     
amcox_us
The floor samples, left to right: Gunstock, Carmel, coffee bean and hazelnut. I'm unsure of the colors of the cabinet. I like that last one I sent better.
November 4, 2012 at 10:34AM   
amcox_us
All cabinets have chocolate glaze.
November 4, 2012 at 12:41PM   
Amy Burke
Ok, that's good Coffe Bean we like and the last cabinet will help ensure it's not too dark. It's going to look great! Cannot wait to see the progression :)
November 4, 2012 at 1:02PM   
amcox_us
Granite choices:
November 4, 2012 at 3:08PM   
Amy Burke
I am pretty sure that the top left photo shows the Giallo Ornamental as the 3rd color. I also like the New Caledonia (Brown? or original, not sure) as the second photo on top and the sample that is centered. It's hard to tell if it gets too grey for your look but see how it feels to you in person. If this is your first time with Granite you can always go for the ole faithful Santa Cecilia Classico bottom second photo middle, it works with everything but is also very common. Are you selecting from a contractors samples? Just curious how you are making your selections. We always encourage the clients to select their slab esp since it changes drastically from stone to stone, hopefully that is an option for you.
November 5, 2012 at 5:09AM     
amcox_us
It is from the contractor's sample. I will check to see of I can see the Delicatus. You have really tweaked my curiosity with it. I don't like to go with the common. I will try to stay away from the Santa Cecilia. I thinks it will give a darker look than I want. Also, looking at other kitchens, I don't want the kitchen to have an orangey look to it, due to the cabinet, floor and countertop color selections and combinations.
November 5, 2012 at 7:49AM     
Amy Burke
Yes, the Delicatus is beautiful, it will be more than the other stones you have displayed. Possibly twice as much so be forwarned, but all whites will tend to come at a premium, esp. with the recent White trend. Sorry it takes a bit to get back to you, I get on between work and errands. Thanks for your patience :)
November 5, 2012 at 3:03PM     
amcox_us
I'm just ecstatic that you have helping me. I'll take whatever help/time that you are willing to provide. I've attached additional photos I've found. I just don't want too much of the same time, an overkill. THANKS FOR YOUR GREAT ADVICE! :-)
November 5, 2012 at 3:58PM   
amcox_us
Is there a golden rule that the floor must be lighter than the cabinets or can flipping the idea work? The floor can sometimes be darker than the cabinets?
November 5, 2012 at 5:30PM   
Amy Burke
Contrast is where I tend to lean and whether or not the lighter shade is on the floor or the cabinet it doesn't matter. I would say once you commit to one object you love then the domino affect will lead you in the next direction. Picture a white room with one black wall and a white sofa with its back to the black wall, white floors add a black and white large pattern rug under the sofa and black and white contrast throw pillows, a black chandelier with white sparkly crystals and so and and so forth. Then you can even add a splash of red. If you can envision how each objects jumps off of the background of the other you can see where I am going with this little demo :) Glad to be able to help!
November 6, 2012 at 5:10AM   
amcox_us
Here's a couple pics I found. They don't look bad at all with both dark cabinets and floors. The countertop was the icing on the cake. I love it. Amy, you are the greatest. I feel so much better now. What do you the the countertop color might be on the second picture?
November 6, 2012 at 4:01PM     
Amy Burke
Ohhhh, they both look wonderful!! It's really hard to see but I think I am picking up on a hint of red so maybe it's the Sienna Bordeaux? This is also somewhat in the grouping with the Delicatus. Bordeaux River and Giallo Beach are gorgeous too. You are on your way to a fab kitchen. Thanks so much for the compliments :)
November 7, 2012 at 5:11AM     
amcox_us
I'm due to visit the granite store. Below are the upgrade colors that they sent me. I'm not too thrilled. Hopefully, they will look better in person. Thoughts?
November 8, 2012 at 4:37PM   
Amy Burke
They are nice! They looked to be Kashmir White and one says Ivory Brown which is AKA Shivakasi. They are what is pretty hot among white stones, some have a heavier grain and some are very fine. I will say the finer the grain the easier is is to bring in more pattern so this will be better for you. If you do not like them in person then see what else catches your eye. I think they would work as long as they don't get to grey and are still a bit warm since you are in the brown tones etc. Hopefully you will also have your cabinetry and floor option so you can take a pic and we can see how it looks :)
November 9, 2012 at 5:26AM     
amcox_us
OMG! You have a great eye. I can tell that you LOVE what you do. I will definitely do that. I was worried about the grey look. You are a God sent! Thank you - Thank you!
November 9, 2012 at 5:58AM     
Amy Burke
You made my day too :) Thanks so much!!
November 9, 2012 at 6:33AM   
amcox_us
What are your thoughts on this kitchen (floor, cabinets and countertop color combination)?
November 10, 2012 at 12:12PM   
Amy Burke
That's nice. I wouldn't say it very dramatic but it all depends on what you plan to bring into the space. It's kind of safe, builder grade safe. This is not a bad thing just not a huge statement. I allows for most any style to be introduced. The best way to answer if it's right for you is do you want bold and classic or neutral and safe. Neither are wrong :)
November 10, 2012 at 2:09PM   
amcox_us
I want bold. You are so right. That is definitely from a builder and its choices. I'm really hoping that I can get what we've talked about. I don't want to settle. For the sake of have it summarized for me. Will you please give me your complete suggestion? I will probably her the Shaw Coffeebean Hardwood Floors. Of the three standard cabinet color, I will choose the 3rd cabinet selection. Countertop maybe Delicatus or something similar. Am I on the right track? If not, what would you suggest with the Coffeebean floor (3rd choice from right), as my foundation? The other floor colors are too common for me. I'm also trying to stay away from too many upgrades. If I upgrade, I might go for it with the countertop.
November 10, 2012 at 2:53PM   
Amy Burke
You got it! That about sums it up. Coffee bean and stick with browns espressos etc, be careful with reds and if you go reddish for cabinets go with the Shivakasi (Ivory Brown) granite. If you go with a medium goldish cabinet I would go with a Giallo Ornamental granite. The first idea is the most dramatic, Coffee Bean floor, either 3rd cabinet selection or darker top right cabinet and Delicatus granite. Keep in mind that if the option for Birch wood in a dark stain is available you can usually save and upgrade the granite. Another way to save it to upgrade drawers but not the cabinets sides. The parts of a cabinet that move in and out have wear and tear. A decent box installed can be particle board, better to get it ply but it can be sacrificed last. Hope you had a wonderful weekend!
November 11, 2012 at 12:24PM     
amcox_us
If you don't, you should get your own business. If nothing else, become a paid consultant. (After our sessions are completed). LOL. ;-). You are so knowledgeable. Oh, suggestions on wall and backsplash colors?
November 11, 2012 at 12:38PM     
suzlanuz
Okay Amy....I need your help too! Should I not take up this space? Sorry if I shouldn't. You are doing a great job with amcox! I am putting provincial stained wood flooring in my kitchen to match the rest of the house. I am putting white kitchen cabinetry in the small open area kitchen. I am looking for a countertop that would look nice with everything else that I have in this open floor plan. I have browns, aquas and whites and during the spring and summer, a touch of strong pink! I really wanted Carrera marble but I am not doing that. I think it's the veining and the whiteness that I like about it. Well, I found a corian that looks great..it is called witch hazel. The veining has the browns and the background is whitish. What do you think of corian?
November 11, 2012 at 1:01PM     
Amy Burke
Awwwe! I don't, it is a dream of mine but I always find myself needed in a company where my main focus isn't sales. I went to college with the intent to get an Interior Design degree, 1/2 way through I got married and have been in the business ever since, I struggle to justify going back, I cannot hand draw like a real Designer but I know the 20/20 program like a pro and I hVE ctually work in most of the fields. My idea is for someday to have a shop with a workshop and a nice selection of small accent tables chairs etc.. The workshop would be a place for people (esp couples) to immerse themselves in texture, color, etc and pull what they feel, then its up to me to make sense of it. Couples would meet individually and together, get to the route of their likes and dislikes. For now I will stay where I am needed and that idea can evolve. Ref your tile selection, go white, maybe subway and glass, it is really based on what you decide for the other parts. There is a chunky smok quartz that runs through the Delicatus. I would go white and somehow pull a bit of that quartz too, maybe in glass. You could put a subway tile then frame out the range and sink (if possible) with this type of tile. This would create a focal point and realy WOW!
November 11, 2012 at 1:21PM     
Amy Burke
Thank you Suslanuz! I love Corian, it is something that can be brought back to life if needed as well. It can be repaired, buffed and has a nice feel to it. It is a form of plastic so it can stain (can be fixed) and burn and scratch but this shouldn't be an issue if you are cautious. Not much is irreparable. I am very familiar with Witch Hazel. What is the layout of your kitchen if you don't mind, L, Galley, U shaped? The material has a directional pattern so you may want to consider how the pattern will layout. Dupont has great reputation and warranties. The price of the Witch Hazel should be a bit less than a most natural marble too. It will most certainly pull together your design plan. The diagonal seam is the best way to transition your corner where there is a direction change. Hope this helps :)
November 11, 2012 at 1:44PM     
suzlanuz
You are a love! Thank you! Hope your dream comes true for your shop...keep visualizing it and it will! The law of attraction is unbelievable!
November 11, 2012 at 1:55PM     
Amy Burke
I truly believe in that and I am following the vibes to it :) Thank You!
November 11, 2012 at 2:14PM     
amcox_us
OMG! As I pull all of the suggestions up on the web and visualize it as a complete package, it is absolutely beautiful. The texture and colors from the subway tile and glass backsplash, seems that they will add more life to the kitchen. What color would you suggest the wall to be painted? Also, if your drive and faith are as strong as your talent, the dream is a sure thing. I can not thank you enough for your time, patience and excellent advise. I will post the final results. As, you see, you are drawing additional "clients". I really wish you the best of luck with your dream. It is an great idea. It will be a huge hit. Your future clients are in for a real treat and adventure. They will also be thoroughly pleased.

Thank You - Thank You - Thank You and Thank You!
November 11, 2012 at 4:03PM     
Amy Burke
Thank you both for all the kind words, I cannot express how much it means to me and how helpful it is to keep the faith. I can get you some suggestions for paint when I get home from work where all my paint books are. I will give you a bold, soft and safe just in case :)
November 12, 2012 at 5:10AM   
amcox_us
Thank you! Just remember me. I'd like to see and congratulate you on your grand opening.
November 12, 2012 at 5:31AM     
Amy Burke
Ok, here is what I have actually seen in jobs that were completed using the Delicatus. There have been of course stronger shades and lighter shades but these have been the most memorable for me. I do not have my Sherwin color fan so Porter will have to do. These colors will also depend on the final shading of Delicatus so getting samples of whichever ones you like is a must. Brave, soft for greens, soft for blues and a neutral. I am a blue girl but the Tea Time is fab too. In order: Porter; Copenhagen 502-4, Misty Surf 556-4, Fond Memory 527-4 and Tea Time 535-4. This is when I would bring in some color because you can always change paints. Now depending on your layout you may be able to do a focal wall. Not sure yet :)
November 12, 2012 at 3:20PM     
Amy Burke
November 12, 2012 at 4:23PM   
Amy Burke
6th photo down, the dark cabs, wood and light blue walls. I Love it!!
November 12, 2012 at 4:25PM     
amcox_us
I get to the granit store. Here's some other thoughts with the Ivory Brown Granite. I found a kitchen with cabinets and countertop. I wonder about the Coffee Bean or Hazelnut floor. What are your thoughts?
November 16, 2012 at 1:10PM   
amcox_us
Cabinet color is Cafe
November 16, 2012 at 4:12PM   
Amy Burke
This can start you off in a whole other direction. You are headed into the safe builder zone again which is fine. Are you hesitant to go for the darker or is the granite guiding the selection? If the rest of your decor is more fitting with this option than you should stay neautral. The cabinet looks better with brown granites, the granite looks better with the darker cherry or White cabinets. I don't see this being a good match, golden cabs with greyish white and blush granite? No, not a fan. What have you loved? Start there.
November 17, 2012 at 3:16AM   
amcox_us
I want the dark hardwood floor. This is the starting point for me. My first preference is the coffee bean, then the Hazelnut floor. Stressful! I'm headed to look at other interior to see the different floor and cabinet combinations. Hopefully!
November 17, 2012 at 3:52AM   
Amy Burke
It can be very stressful indeed. Change is not easy I know. I have also suggested to people to take varying fabric patterns with them, sometimes that helps them see what colors flow together. Or take something with you that you know you plan on using in the area like artwork curtains etc. I wish I was near you I would be so happy to help you decide :)
November 17, 2012 at 1:59PM     
amcox_us
This is why it pays to see things in person. Sometime pictures does lie. The original cabinet color that we both liked is the same as the last picture I posted, Cafe. It is much lighter than what i want and the first picture that I posted. I think that it would be too much of a contrast with the cabinet and the dark floor. The Mocha seems to have too much red. I was also told that, once you put all of the flooring down (Coffee Bean) it is much much darker. So, now I'm debating the hazelnut, which I think is too light for what want. Soooo, I'm at Mocha Cabinets & Coffee Bean or Hazelnut Floors - I just don't know, with the slim choices that have. HELP!!!! :-). (Below a home with the Mocha Cabinets)
November 19, 2012 at 1:09AM   
amcox_us
Cafe Cabinet
November 19, 2012 at 4:35AM   
Amy Burke
Oooh, I see what you mean! I could see so many different options for you no matter which option you choose. If you choose the Mocha I would go with the Hazelnut floor, the Cafe the Coffee Bean floor. Once you decide on the set the stone, paint and back splash can follow. I was wondering though, when you say you posted the photo of the kitchen we both liked were the cabinets made by the same manufacturer as the brand you are purchasing? I want you to understand that every manufacturer has their own formula for colors and they do not cross over to each other. To add to the confusion the species or type of wood can dictate how the finish color looks as well. Maple, Cherry, Birch, Oak etc. Rule of thumb reds with reds, browns and beige's with browns and beige's. You can combine them but I think you need to keep this simple and take the next steps with your other selections. Hope that helps :)
November 19, 2012 at 5:22AM   
amcox_us
I'm leaning toward Mocha and Coffee Bean with Ivory Brown Granite. The Cafe is too much on the light brown side (looking like darker oak). The Hazelnut floor is lighter, with more brown than I like. Fingers Crossed!
November 19, 2012 at 10:10AM     
joann1246
I'm remodeling my kitchen. I need advise. Expresso cabinets new red oak hardwood floors. What color stain . The floors will be the same throughout the whole house.
November 20, 2012 at 8:19AM     
Amy Burke
Thanks for the inquiry joann1246! You can either post to Houzz and have multiple advisors or email me at ptipdesign@yahoo.com. I would be glad to help :)
November 20, 2012 at 3:44PM   
amcox_us
Here's a sample of the ivory brown granite. The second picture is of the possible backsplash. I'm feeling better and better. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Amy!
November 21, 2012 at 8:45AM     
Amy Burke
That looks great!! I am so happy for you :) You have a wonderful Thanksgiving as well!
November 21, 2012 at 12:07PM     
amcox_us
Happy New Year - Amy! I'm back! I'm still trying to bring this all together. Here's where I'm at. I'm just unsure on the paint and backsplash. Below will the colors:

Cabinet - Mocha
Countertop - Ivory Brown (it doesn't have as much brown as shown)
Floor - Coffee Bean (3rd from left)
Wall - (unsure) Gray Mist, Revere Pewter, Bleeker Beige, Abalone
Backsplash - (?)

I was thinking that I should to pull colors for the wall and backsplash from the countertop.

I also plan to run the wall color family into the family room (open floor plan), different shades. I like the Revere Pewter (possibly) for the family room. The fireplace will be on the other side of the room.
January 12, 2013 at 1:33AM   
amcox_us
The 4th picture, I'm looking at the color the dining room. I like the first color patterns that you attached earlier.
January 12, 2013 at 1:39AM     
Amy Burke
Happy New Year! Good to hear from you. I have not been on here for quite some time. Been so busy with projects, all good fun! I think the second color or the 3rd color would be nice. I like the first one but I am picking up on a green cast that may not be so easy to work around depending on your decor plan. Looks like you have a great plan so far. I can't wait to see how it all comes together for you.
January 14, 2013 at 5:10AM     
amcox_us
Thanks! Being busy with projects is a great problem to have. Seems like your new year is starting off well. Load pictures soon.
January 14, 2013 at 3:59PM   
amcox_us
Amy! Help! I was reviewing previous comments. Are you OK with the Cafe Cabinets, Coffee Bean Floors and Ivory Brown Countertops? I'm not so sure if the Ivory Brown Countertop will work. Suggestions?
February 4, 2013 at 9:17AM   
amcox_us
Ivory Brown
February 4, 2013 at 9:56AM   
Amy Burke
Hello!! I think that would work great. The stone is AKA Shivakasi which was one of the stones we discussed as well. I love that granite. Were you showing the tile splash to go with? If so I like and it's easy to layer accessories around it.
February 5, 2013 at 5:11AM     
amcox_us
Thank you - Thank you! I'm so dependent on you. I wasn't sure on the tile. I'll take any suggestions.
February 5, 2013 at 10:51AM     
amcox_us
Does that countertop go well with the cafe cabinets or other suggestions?
February 5, 2013 at 5:14PM   
Amy Burke
If I has the choice I would select the Giallo Ornamental (pretty sure that's what it is) in the first pic top right or one of the most reliable mid tone stones which is the Santa Cecilia Classico in the second pic top left. I am slightly concerned that the Ivory Brown is more to the greyish white with blush and may not pull enough creams and browns. I don't think it would be a disaster but the more natural combo is to keep with the medium browns unless your cabinets have reds than the Ivory Brown would be dead on. Hope that helps!
February 6, 2013 at 5:10AM     
amcox_us
I just love you'. Thank you very much. I thought that the Ivory Brown worked better with the Mocha Cabinets. With the dark Coffee Bean floors, the Cafe Cabinets seemed to be a better compliment.
February 6, 2013 at 7:45AM   
amcox_us
Did you see the Ivory Brown sample that I have? I posted it on Nov. 21
February 6, 2013 at 7:47AM   
Amy Burke
Thank You! I just looked and it does seem to be much warmer. That's what I was hoping and that the above pic was just a bit off. What is your app. date of completion? I cannot wait to see the photos :)
February 6, 2013 at 2:50PM     
amcox_us
Cafe Cabinet, (cabinet, floor & Santa Cecilia countertop)
February 6, 2013 at 4:40PM   
Amy Burke
Santa Cecilia looks a bit darker in this pic but I know it always goes. I like the small garnet spots in it too. Which are you leaning towards?
February 7, 2013 at 5:05AM     
amcox_us
Everything looks darker in the second picture. I'm leaning toward the Santa Cecilia. I plan to go to the location that the countertop sales purchases the slab, and pick out my own slab. I like the fact that it has specs that I can pull out the dark floors and help with the backsplash selection.
February 7, 2013 at 9:24AM   
Amy Burke
There you go! I am glad you see it as I do. Picking your slab is VERY important and will help you identify all the characteristics of you stone. I am happy it sounds like you are coming along quite well with your design plans :)
February 8, 2013 at 5:08AM     
amcox_us
Only through the grace of God and yourself. Thank you very much. I really appreciate all of your patience and advice. Have a wonderful weekend.
February 8, 2013 at 7:35AM     
amcox_us
Amy, I don't remember if I asked what color countertop did you recommend for the Cafe cabinets and Coffee Bean floors.
February 25, 2013 at 7:21PM   
Amy Burke
I am pretty sure we discussed that option. If not I would suggest a Giallo Ornamental, as long as it doesn't get too blushy it should be great!
February 28, 2013 at 8:43AM     
julie77777
enjoyed this discussion - helpful!
March 7, 2013 at 9:05AM     
Ms-sis
I have also enjoyed this discussion. Thanks so much. I am also in the process of building a home and have learned a lot from your posts.
April 23, 2013 at 7:09PM     
amcox_us
Amy Burke, we are getting there.
November 25, 2013 at 10:22PM   
Amy Burke
Hello! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving Day. The Kitchen is looking very nice. I couldn't quite make out the granite color, what you did decide to go with? They are a little dusty, the sign of an real job site :)
December 3, 2013 at 5:00AM     
amcox_us
Thank you! I had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I hope you had a great one, as well.

I chose the Giallo Ornamental.
December 3, 2013 at 5:45PM     
Amy Burke
Excellent! I also like the way the slate form the fireplace is juxtaposed to the granite. Glad to see your project is coming along quite nicely. Happy Holidays!
December 4, 2013 at 4:51AM     
amcox_us
I'm working on the dining table. I simply have no idea what to do.

Below is the floral for the chairs and the solid for the counter stools.
December 4, 2013 at 7:23AM   
ebkavl
Can u tell me there are two pics above, the one on the left is a kitchen with orange chairs, are the cabinets express? and what color stain and wood is used in that pic, and the pic to the right of that with white pendant lights, white countertops, what is the type of wood, and the stain of wood and the stone type and color name? I am thinking of going with expresso cabinets, med to dark oak wood floor (prob expresso or special walnut) and have not decided yet fully with a taupey grey island, both shiloh the island name is clear alder with blk stain on maple the kitchen cabs are maple with expresso...what r ur thoughts?
January 31, 2014 at 12:55PM     
amcox_us
The cabinets are called Cafe. The countertops are Giallo Ornamental. The floors are Coffee Bean.
January 31, 2014 at 6:42PM     
shanthi1978
Hi I am remodeling my kitchen and new laminate flooring throughout the house and need your suggestion, but I have already ordered my cabinets - maple Espresso finish and going for quartz (white with sparkles) on it. I want your recommesnations on the flooring, because I went for dark color cabinets I am afraid that I might choose a dark color laminate and make the whole house look dark. I always like dark shades becuase I have a feeling that it looks very elegant. Can you give me some suggestions on the laminate color that will go with the dark espresso cabinets?
March 8, 2014 at 7:53PM   
imzadi4luv
How deep is the counter for the breakfast bar?
April 29, 2014 at 9:33AM   
amcox_us
I need tables in the family room. My plan is to brick the fireplace all of the way up and the base of the island.
May 4, 2014 at 11:21AM     
mbg2014
Amy I wonder if you still help strangers on houzz :)
Attached is the color cabinets we are going with (dark coffee maple, shaker style )
Trying to decide on a granite countertop color (or quartz if it works better)
My hubby thinks black pearl would look sharp. I want to believe since he is usually better at this than me :)
But feels like a white would look better (like river white or imperial white etc) ... I don't want to be right tho lol just want what looks the best
Do you have any suggestions for a wall colour and hardwood (Engineered).. I prefer darker floors hand scraped

If you are still our there please HELP SOS :)
August 6, 2014 at 8:31PM     
Amy Burke
Hello, I don't get on much but I would be glad to help you. I would say that if you are going with a medium or dark wood floor I would try and lighten it up with a top with a lighter base and maybe some darker veins. Good ole Santa Cecilia Classico never disappoints nor does New Venetian Gold. Black Pearl is a nice looking stone but you will have a richer, dark look and that may not be what you are trying to achieve? As in cars anything darker looks dominant and rich. Light looks softer and when blended with dark I feel it gives the wow factor. This goes the same with the quartz materials. If you get a more solid color stone or quartz you have an easier time with your decorative splashes. If you go with a busier one you can pick a more solid splash. This is not 100% of the time but it's a good tip most of the time. I can get real brave and mix a lot and you need to identify what works best for you and the hubby. Hope that helps. Also if this is a remodel send me a photo to ptipdesign@yahoo.com and I will let you know what your space is calling for. New construction is a clean slate but remodeling is a different ball of wax.
August 8, 2014 at 5:19AM   
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.