powered by
Before & After
Before & After

Need help with the kitchen island.

sushdNovember 5, 2012
The kitchen island I have currently doesn't have the extension for seating. It's granite with drawers and cabinets underneath. How to modify it (add extension?)so we can have couple high stools for seating?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Consider adding a piece of wood or glass eating counter.

Kitchen · More Info
    Bookmark   November 5, 2012 at 5:50AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
If you want to use bar stools instead of adding an adjacent table, your best bet is to add a raised top (such as in Dytecture's second photo). You could do glass, a natural stone that coordinates with your granite, or wood.
1 Like    Bookmark   November 5, 2012 at 6:47AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Jamie Herzlinger
You can also drop the top so you can you chairs.
    Bookmark   November 6, 2012 at 10:59AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Paradise Restored Landscaping & Exterior Design
More photos for inspiration . . .
Fox Run 13 · More Info

Florida Beachfront Residence - Vero Beach, USA · More Info

Munter Residence · More Info
    Bookmark   November 6, 2012 at 1:46PM
Sign Up to comment
Related Discussions
I need help with my kitchen island and a fire place
Attached are photos of my kitchen island, I was hoping...
Need help with kitchen island placement!
We are in the process of designing our kitchen for...
Need help designing an kitchen island
we're trying to make the rounded panels of our kitchen...
Neil Sullivan
Need help with my Kitchen island
Hi, We are building a new house. The standard kitchen...
Need Help With Kitchen Island idea
I am building my house and I would like to make my...
Janan C
More Discussions
Advice on moisture problem in bathroom
Need advice on a moisture problem in a newly remodeled...
what color to paint my front door
i have a white cape cod with dark green shutters. ...
countertop material to compliment soapstone?
I'm planning a kitchen remodel. I want to use soapstone...
Help me pick chairs and new lights for my kitchen
Hi! We’re in the market for new seating and new lights...
Adding a Portico any suggestions?
After 25 years we need to replace the cedar siding....
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.