November 5, 2012 in Photo Questions
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
SchappacherWhite Architecture D.P.C.
Yes, that is correct.
November 5, 2012 at 12:49pm   
marymac2004
Who is the manufacturer of the pool, and is it Vinyl??
March 6, 2013 at 8:18pm   
PRO
It is a black vinyl liner. SchappacherWhite designed the pool with custom stairs. It was installed by a local pool contractor.
March 7, 2013 at 4:00am   
PRO
Holgan Land Surveying, PC
wow.. it doesnt really look like a black liner to me. I just had a pool renovation and the liner that I chose is called sand pebble. it's spectacular. I never thought I would choose something that wasn't blue in color. but I was fortunate to go see a pool with the liner already completed, and once the water is in it looks very similiar to this.. it looks like a tropical ocean.. just beautiful.
March 24, 2013 at 9:36pm   
editorkimo
is this just solid black liner or a pebbly one?
July 17, 2013 at 2:22pm   
PRO
Solid, no texture.
July 17, 2013 at 2:29pm   
editorkimo
can i ask what liner company you used? we are in the midst of digging a pool and this is the exact look we're going for. thanks!
July 17, 2013 at 2:41pm   
PRO
My pool looks very similar... I'll try to upload a pix
July 18, 2013 at 8:11am   
PRO
Another view
July 18, 2013 at 8:12am   
PRO
editorkimo, I do not have the name of the liner company. It is a smooth black, not grey liner. They do fade overtime.
July 18, 2013 at 8:14am   
editorkimo
leeanne H, what color liner do you have? and thanks for posting pics.
July 18, 2013 at 10:13am   
PRO
My liner is amazing. And if I hadn't seen it in someones pool with water I don't know if I would have chosen it. It's called sand stone by loop loc. And it's amazing. All other liners I looked at wet so artificial. I would see through the clear water to the blue line. With the sand stone liner or makes the water look like the color in the islands. Maybe we live in the same area and you can see it. .lol before ordering it
July 18, 2013 at 6:50pm   
wolfgirl
Yes, Leann you have a beautiful pool...
July 29, 2013 at 5:06pm     
patjenjoe
Leann...please help...need more photos of your pool...need to pick liner asap. Thanks so much...love your pool!
August 14, 2013 at 8:20pm   
PRO
Thank you so much! My liner is called Sand Pebble by loop loc. I love it!
August 14, 2013 at 9:54pm     
PRO
A few more
August 14, 2013 at 9:58pm   
PRO
the last two pictures you can see that the landscaping wasn't complete, and the jets in the one above here had just been installed, and liriope had not been planted yet. I don't keep the jets this high.. but my 9 yr old grandson loves it that way..
August 14, 2013 at 10:02pm   
PRO
it changes color depending on the day, whether its cloudy or sunny
August 14, 2013 at 10:03pm   
patjenjoe
Thanks sooooo much! Love everything...landscaping, etc. I'm going for the same classic look. Hoping it will look good on the steps/bench.
August 15, 2013 at 6:08am   
PRO
You're SO welcome!! I'm very excited about it... have wanted this look for many (25) years!!! lol... finally!! I've changed the look in my mind many times over those years and finally came up with this design and the pavers themselves. Of course we had the actual paving done by a TRUE professional, Sal Dimassi of Dimassi and Sons, But we did ALL of the landscaping.. cut out the beds.. turned over and dug out tons of roots and planted. If you're doing pavers, I highly recommend Techo Bloc. Their products are of high quality, and so rich in color. Their colors within the same paver blend so much better then other companies. Where as their may be three different colors in a paver.. making them two drastic from each other.. where with Techo Bloc, their colors blend. Their really beautiful. if you want to send me some pictures and I'll help you with the design. Is this a brand new pool, or a renovation? what's going around your pool.. have you decided? not sure what you mean when you say that you're hoping it will look good on the steps,, I have it on my steps as well.
August 15, 2013 at 7:35am     
patjenjoe
Leeanne! You are wonderful to take the time to help me!! Is there any way you could send me your pics to my email so I can see a high quality image? I'm really having a hard time...my pool guy is trying to talk me out of getting this type of liner...says he likes the wavy dark blue...UGH..and that the water looks "stagnent" w/ the liner I like! I think the wavy blue liner would look fake on the steps, etc. Your pool is exactly like what I had envisioned mine to be...can' wait to share pics when we are done. If you could email, I would so appreciate it! mcnamara_patty@yahoo.com One other thing...do you have a border on the top or did you just run the sandpebble to the coping?
August 15, 2013 at 9:09am   
PRO
I'm excited for you! It wasn't that long ago... last year in fact that I too saw photos and designs that I loved and felt in my gut that I had finally come to a REAL decision! don't let anyone change that for you.. stay focused on what YOU LOVE.. YOU are going to live with it for a long time. have you gotten other estimates, AND ideas from other pool contractors.. I hope? make sure you feel good about him.. and the work he does. My mason, Sal brought me to at least 5 other properties to see the type of work he does,, the quality of his work. Also.. my pool contractor brought me to many homes. Now... as far as the dark blue. I've had other liners in the past and what I've found.. and also what I saw at some of the homes they brought to was dark liners. at every one of them I would see through crystal clear water to a dark fake looking liner. I knew that I didn't want that. then I went to the property that had my liner and I actually couldn't believe that it was the sand pebble because the liner itself is cream, and shades of grey and I thought... "how can that make the water appear aqua blue?" But it does. it looks like the water in the Caribbean. And I now think that it's the most natural liner there is because sand is shades of beige and grays. I do have a border.. it's also beautiful and it does have some blue in it. I'll take some detail photos that you can share with your pool contractor.
August 15, 2013 at 9:59am     
PRO
what I meant to explain is that with sand pebble.. you don't see thru clear water to the liner. what you see is aqua colored water. and depending on the depth of the water.. it's slightly different, which is also the way it is in the ocean.. where the water is shallow in a bay or ocean.. you see thru clear water and more of the sand color, but as it gets deeper.. you just see the color of water. that's the way it is in my pool. the stadium steps that run the whole width of my pool .. of course you see beige and grays. . but I love it. I also have the 2nd step being a ledge of 25 inches and it's great cause you can lay on it. I'll take some pix
August 15, 2013 at 10:04am     
patjenjoe
I've decided to go with the exact liner as you! Thanks again for all your help! Wondering home much room you have for your patio lounge chairs. We are bumping out an area and wondering how much room I should allow for four chairs. They are digging next Thursday!
August 16, 2013 at 8:04am      Thanked by bethhagenmayer
dammie
Love your liner! My pool was destroyed in the sandy flood and just ordered a new liner: sand pebble by loop loc! I was just looking for pictures to confirm my choice. Choice confirmed! It looks awesome! Enjoy it :)
August 30, 2013 at 6:47am     
o2girl2456
Looking at the sand pebble liner, Leann, what type of design is at the top of yours? Thanks!
March 9, 2014 at 5:36am   
PRO
Sorry,, I just saw this question. I looked through my pictures and I don't have a close up of the border anymore, but I looked it up on the website. It's loop loc, Sahara with Sand pebble. Also.. Dammie, did you finish your pool last September?? what did you finally decide
March 22, 2014 at 4:17pm     
o2girl2456
Thank you! Much appreciated!
March 22, 2014 at 5:09pm   
bridgetcard
Holgan Land Surveying, I was wondering if you could email me some pool photos. Love your pool and want the same look. Thanks!
June 25, 2014 at 5:01am   
More Discussions
Paint color for open space rental apartment kitchen walls/cabinets?
I need to paint my dated, ugly rental kitchen. I live...
living/dining makeover
My living/dining room is a mismatched cluttered mess...
Front yard
Looking for some suggestions for the front yard for...
Front door colour
I'm stuck with these house colours for awhile. Soft...
Affectionate, yet Affordable. Doable?
Working on a tight budget, but want to get maximum...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.