Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Chairs to go with Crate & Barrel Table
Becky Thomas
November 5, 2012 in Design Dilemma
I found this beautiful table at Crate and Barrel. They have these "wicker" chairs shown with them. In the store, they had the black version and it looked really sharp--brought out the black in the wood.

Alas, my husband doesn't love the chairs. We're looking into a simple parson chair (see image of chair from West Elm) but my question is what the right color to go with? I feel like anything with wood legs is either too dark or too yellow looking. Curious to see if you all had any suggestions. Note--we can't spend more than $500 for 4 chairs.

As for the color--that is yet TBD. I was planning on a "Greige" color and it will be near the kitchen which is white and grey with some light blue.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Aggie Purvinska
Not crazy about the wicker chairs either...maybe something more industrial

[houzz=Jackson Metal Tub Chair]

or something completely different a soft brown leather...

[houzz=Cape Lodge Dining Chair]

[houzz=Vintage French Square Leather Side Chair]
0 Likes   November 5, 2012 at 7:39PM
vivanca
How about something mid-century, possibly white or black. SInce you won't be able to afford a classic (like the Eames coffee chair that's popular agin right now), why not check out IKEA's version of it? The Ghost chair (again, IKEA has a version) might also look cool http://www.ikea.com/ms/media/seorange/20131/201311_Dining_chairs.jpg
0 Likes   November 5, 2012 at 7:42PM
Aggie Purvinska
Also if the budget is so tight, maybe two benches on either side and two chairs at ends.
0 Likes   November 5, 2012 at 7:43PM
Becky Thomas
Thanks--I like those Ikea chairs but wonder if the black will look off. I know, silly considering i said the black wicker chairs looked great, just hard to visualize.
0 Likes   November 5, 2012 at 8:02PM
PRO
MUMMEINTERIORS
You can actually find a nice skirted parson chair they work well when on a budget. The table is so neutral depending on your style you can introduce almost anything. I am attaching some fabric swatches for design inspiration.

Matt
0 Likes   November 5, 2012 at 8:24PM
PRO
MUMMEINTERIORS
Skirted parsons chair attached.

For more design inspiration visit my blog: http://mummeinteriors.wordpress.com
0 Likes   November 5, 2012 at 8:26PM
victorianbungalowranch
Great table, nice clean lines with a touch of traditional. I think it could look great with a variety of traditional to modern chairs. I think a Parson's type chair would be OK, but I the Greige color does not have enough contrast with the wood and actually detracts from it, making the legs look dominant..

IKEA has a nice variety that is reasonably priced (and blue, grey and white chair pads that might look nice with your kitchen) .Here's some pics. Most of these chairs come in a variety of finishes. Perhaps if you live near a favorite store, you can buy just one of several chairs and see which one looks best in person since it is a bit difficult to judge seat and back height and such.
0 Likes   November 5, 2012 at 8:37PM
PRO
MUMMEINTERIORS
I don't think Ikea chairs will have the right scale for this table.
0 Likes   November 5, 2012 at 8:38PM
Kristi Anglade
Have you checked Overstock.com? They have got a large variety of dining chairs, and the best prices (I know because I'm also trying to decide which chairs to put with my farmhouse table!) They have those metal tub chairs linked above in a set of 4 for $200, for instance. They come in a few different colors, if you're interested in those.
I don't really like the greige color of the chair you linked with the table. It matches and makes them both boring! I think you should go for a color that you love. The table is neutral, really anything can go with it.
0 Likes   November 5, 2012 at 9:42PM
More Discussions
Displaying underwear
We received a gag gift of giant undies at our wedding...
Kitchen knobs leaving marks
Our knobs are hitting the adjacent cupboard face and...
Are Stainless Steel appliances still popular? Considering Slate color
Hi, We are preparing a house for sale. Plan to replace...
Help please! Need layout advice for WIC and office floorplan
I need help figuring out how to get a walk in closet...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.