Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Using a table as a kitchen island
ciprianticula
November 6, 2012 in Design Dilemma
Hi,

I am in the process of renovating my apartment, and due to budget constraints I was wondering if anybody has used a dining table (store bought) that can also be seen and used as a kitchen island (small).

Any project pictures where you have done something similar would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
michigammemom
I would suggest a counter height table to function as a comfortable work surface. Take a look at the Stern table from CB2.
1 Like   November 6, 2012 at 7:02AM
PRO
Mona Ives
michigam is right - a couner height table is the way to go. One from anywhere is a great idea - I believe ballard and pottery barn may even have some that are designed to be used this way. You can also find "island cart" items that have shelving and storage underneath if that is what you were hopin for - some even have stainless steel tops for easier cleanup. But then they can't really be re-used for anythign else if you move...
0 Likes   November 6, 2012 at 8:08AM
PRO
ATGStores.com
Hi, Ciprianticula! We agree with Mona Ives in that a cart with storage may serve you best, and perhaps one with storage for the stools themselves. We've posted a couple images to give you ideas, and you'll find more pub tables and sets at this link (http://www.atgstores.com/pub-sets_1741.html?linkLoc=topnav). Good luck!
0 Likes   November 6, 2012 at 8:37AM
More Discussions
does this work as a lamp?
Do you guys think that woven cylinder thing in the...
How do I make the television NOT the focal point of my room?
I live in a small condo, and the living area is awkwardly...
Help with paint colors and lighting suggestions
I'm wanting to paint this family room blue - a deep,...
kitchen cabinets
i want black cabinets with no pulls, and dark gray...
Size for Music Room with Baby Grand?
I am downsizing and my new Great Room is simply not...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.