powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Hurricane Sandy - Resources for those in need and those wanting to help.
Emily Hurley
November 7, 2012 in Design Dilemma
For those affected by Hurricane Sandy and for those just wanting to find a way to help, we've put together a resource page on Houzz.

If you are in need of help, please take a look for information relating to rebuilding, local professionals, insurance information, community support and other resources to get started on the road to rebuilding.

If you want to offer help and have worked with a service professional of any kind from the areas affected, please take a moment to recommend them here and help those in need find service pros they can trust in the aftermath. We've put together a host of donation options as well.
http://houzz.com/sandy
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
mpoulsom
Thank you for doing this Emily! I wanted to say something the other day about the Red Cross for donations...but wasn't sure if that would be appropriate. Have family and friends suffering through this at the moment. Still no power as of this second! Please, everyone donate, even if it's just $10!
November 7, 2012 at 11:25AM     
Emily Hurley
It's great to be able to provide a resource for finding people to help locally as well. One of the big worries in recovering from this kind of disaster is falling victim to disreputable people taking advantage of people in need. We're hoping anyone with experience in the area will take a minute to recommend professionals they trust to help out.
November 7, 2012 at 5:02PM   
Liza Hausman
If you know of local volunteer opportunities or facilities collecting supplies please let us know so we can keep the page as fresh as possible.
November 8, 2012 at 8:56AM     
PRO
Custom Home Planning Center
Don't forget the storm area SPCA who are helping reunite pet and owners.

November 8, 2012 at 8:59AM     
mpoulsom
still no power in point pleasant beach, nj AND now dealing with snow on top of that! ;(
November 8, 2012 at 10:18AM   
houzyadoin
Be glad to offer any services I can. I live in Oklahoma City. But, would be glad to help. I've worked with Architecture firms in interior design/CAD services. Working with construction documents; since 88'. Looking for work. Have worked on 3 Christmas in April projects. Have recently had the opportunity in working with GIS mapping software with local Department of Transportation. Please contact if so. - K. Jones
November 9, 2012 at 7:29AM   
PRO
Custom Home Planning Center
Houzz rep. Why not see if you can get the site listed under services available in the New York times or local papers. It wouldn't cost much and could be followed up with a news release for said papers which in turn might give us greater membership as well as helping those in need.
November 9, 2012 at 10:58AM