powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
I am a designer based in Seattle. I am looking for a metal fabricator and carpenter. Can you give me a reco?
Alanostudio
November 8, 2012
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
FINNE Architects
Hi,
Thanks for your question about Seattle-area fabricators. For metal work, I recommend 5-STAR Metal, John Lucchesini at 206-706-2754. For carpentry, it really depends on your project, so I will defer on that recommendation.
--Nils Finne, AIA
    Bookmark   November 8, 2012 at 6:09PM
PRO
Alanostudio
Thanks for your reply. Juat wanted to tell you: Your work is beautiful and inspriring. Here is what i want to create - may be this will give you some idea for carpentry
    Bookmark   November 8, 2012 at 6:24PM
PRO
FINNE Architects
Well, curvilinear or bent wood is always a challenge. Steam bending or dry bending requires experimentation and patience. Prototyping is usually necessary. If you have your own shop, then that is the best route. Otherwise, you can establish a relationship with a good cabinet shop and hopefully they will help you. Bear in mind that this type of work is usually a money-losing proposition for a commercial shop.
--Nils Finne, AIA
    Bookmark   November 8, 2012 at 10:07PM
PRO
Alanostudio
i was thinking of using Laminated veneer rather than steam bending...Lets see how it goes..I am meeting a friend of mine who does carpentry onMonday. Thanks for tor your comments. I appreciate your help/
    Bookmark   November 9, 2012 at 7:24AM
PRO
VC Studio Inc.
Carlos Taylor-Swanson does beautiful work. He owns Madera Fine Decorative Furnishings, LLC. The shop is in Tacoma. His phone is 253-572-1218. His email is carlos@maderawoodworking.com.
Carpentry can cover a wide range of skills and expertise. Carlos is a real artisan. He still has not set up a Houzz account, but he is connected with me on LinkedIn and we are both part of the Tacoma Design Collective.
I hope that helps,

Vince Cathcart
VC Studio Inc.
vince@vcstudioinc.com
    Bookmark   November 9, 2012 at 10:39AM
PRO
Alanostudio
Thanks VC Studio.
    Bookmark   November 11, 2012 at 8:28AM
PRO
VC Studio Inc.
Alanostudio,

You're welcome.

I tried to send you an email using the email address on your website, but it said it was invalid when I hit "send".

Feel free to call or email anytime. My contact info is on both our main web site and the Houzz page. I'll actually be on a project in Redmond at least three days this coming week.
    Bookmark   November 11, 2012 at 3:08PM
PRO
Alanostudio
Hi...Thanks for your email. I just checked the email address and it is working fine. What email address did you you. I have info@alanostudio.com on my website. We should get together sometime. I am busy this week. May be next week.
    Bookmark   November 11, 2012 at 7:32PM
PRO
Alanostudio
Nils, Bent ply in progress. Just wanted to share it with you
    Bookmark   March 5, 2013 at 6:53PM
PRO
Alanostudio
Here is some more
    Bookmark   March 6, 2013 at 5:04PM
PRO
Alanostudio
Finished Composite
    Bookmark   March 6, 2013 at 5:05PM
More Discussions
Need advice on re-doing my master bath
High ceiling has me scared - I don't like the wallpaper...
sparklegirl46
light fixture help!!
is this fixture too much for this space?? (large grey...
Alana Chernecki
How would you layout this master suite?
We are trying to finalize our new house plans and I'm...
marisamauro
Do's and Don'ts of "White Layering?"
I'm having TONS of problems with my builder. This...
mamabear03
help hubby hates the vanity I picked out. please save our marriage :)
http://www.houzz.com/photos/13041459/72-Venica-Teak-Double-Vanity-for-Semi-Recessed-Sinks-contemporary-bathroom-vanities-and-sink-consoles I...
Edie Nicosia
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.