powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
I am a designer based in Seattle. I am looking for a metal fabricator and carpenter. Can you give me a reco?
Alanostudio
November 8, 2012 in Photo Questions
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
FINNE Architects
Hi,
Thanks for your question about Seattle-area fabricators. For metal work, I recommend 5-STAR Metal, John Lucchesini at 206-706-2754. For carpentry, it really depends on your project, so I will defer on that recommendation.
--Nils Finne, AIA
0 Likes   November 8, 2012 at 6:09PM
PRO
Alanostudio
Thanks for your reply. Juat wanted to tell you: Your work is beautiful and inspriring. Here is what i want to create - may be this will give you some idea for carpentry
0 Likes   November 8, 2012 at 6:24PM
PRO
FINNE Architects
Well, curvilinear or bent wood is always a challenge. Steam bending or dry bending requires experimentation and patience. Prototyping is usually necessary. If you have your own shop, then that is the best route. Otherwise, you can establish a relationship with a good cabinet shop and hopefully they will help you. Bear in mind that this type of work is usually a money-losing proposition for a commercial shop.
--Nils Finne, AIA
0 Likes   November 8, 2012 at 10:07PM
PRO
Alanostudio
i was thinking of using Laminated veneer rather than steam bending...Lets see how it goes..I am meeting a friend of mine who does carpentry onMonday. Thanks for tor your comments. I appreciate your help/
0 Likes   November 9, 2012 at 7:24AM
PRO
VC Studio Inc.
Carlos Taylor-Swanson does beautiful work. He owns Madera Fine Decorative Furnishings, LLC. The shop is in Tacoma. His phone is 253-572-1218. His email is carlos@maderawoodworking.com.
Carpentry can cover a wide range of skills and expertise. Carlos is a real artisan. He still has not set up a Houzz account, but he is connected with me on LinkedIn and we are both part of the Tacoma Design Collective.
I hope that helps,

Vince Cathcart
VC Studio Inc.
vince@vcstudioinc.com
0 Likes   November 9, 2012 at 10:39AM
PRO
Alanostudio
Thanks VC Studio.
0 Likes   November 11, 2012 at 8:28AM
PRO
VC Studio Inc.
Alanostudio,

You're welcome.

I tried to send you an email using the email address on your website, but it said it was invalid when I hit "send".

Feel free to call or email anytime. My contact info is on both our main web site and the Houzz page. I'll actually be on a project in Redmond at least three days this coming week.
0 Likes   November 11, 2012 at 3:08PM
PRO
Alanostudio
Hi...Thanks for your email. I just checked the email address and it is working fine. What email address did you you. I have info@alanostudio.com on my website. We should get together sometime. I am busy this week. May be next week.
0 Likes   November 11, 2012 at 7:32PM
PRO
Alanostudio
Nils, Bent ply in progress. Just wanted to share it with you
0 Likes   March 5, 2013 at 6:53PM
PRO
Alanostudio
Here is some more
0 Likes   March 6, 2013 at 5:04PM
PRO
Alanostudio
Finished Composite
0 Likes   March 6, 2013 at 5:05PM
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.