Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Wall color help please!
tffaulhaber
November 9, 2012 in Design Dilemma
**Room in progress**...... so made these drapes a few months ago and I've been stuck on picking a wall color. I love love bright white and navy or teal with orange, but the tan in the drapes is stumping me! I feel like there is SO much potential for this room.
Ignore the sofa fabric...recovering those.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
houssaon
Why not do the wall that the drapes are on in a dark blue to match the fabric and then do bright white on the other walls? I can also see these on a brick red wall: parisian red CSP-1170 Moroccan Red 1309 Benjamin Moore Burnt Peanut Red 2081-10 Benjamin Moore Like the Parisian red the best.

Think about positioning the sectional sofa in a V formation centered on the windows with a square low end table.
November 9, 2012 at 9:06AM     
Dar Eckert
What fabric will you be recovering the sofa with? It looks like you favor traditional styles. Teal would look lovely.
November 9, 2012 at 9:11AM     
marycifuentes
navy borders on the baseboard, and white walls....maybe painting back of book shelf navy too...
November 9, 2012 at 11:14AM     
Natalie
Hi---well love that you're big on color, me too... :) I found some pics for inspiration---perfect with your drapes, lots of color, and all of your lovely pieces you have could easily be incorporated into such a design and color palette. Hope this is helpful. Good Luck!
[houzz=Living Room 1][houzz=Living Room 2]
November 9, 2012 at 12:23PM     
tffaulhaber
Thanks so much for the ideas! I was going crazy just staring at that room with blah light yellow walls! I love the white next to the drapes... I painted part of the wall to see it. Love the navy baseboard and bookshelf idea too. I painted the red bricks white...so it's much easier to "see" what colors in the room now
November 9, 2012 at 1:58PM     
pegwaters
I was hoping that you would paint the walls a soft blue, like the blue curtains in Living Room 2 that Natalie posted. Keep the trim white and use Navy on the sofa.
November 9, 2012 at 11:01PM     
anokasams
Pick your sofa covering and then paint the walls with a colour that works with the drapes and the sofa. I assume you could pick a colour out of the sofa covering that would work.
November 11, 2012 at 7:54AM     
littlemsclimber
i like the idea of brick red on the walls next to the drapes but if you painted the brick fireplace white then maybe that is not what you should do....... I would suggest an orange on the wallI around the with curtains and the wall it faces, then I would paint behind the wreath above the fireplace in that little square I would paint it grass green. Then keep the sofas and other furniture neutral and then add navy and green accents elsewhere. Below are some general color ideas you can use.
November 11, 2012 at 11:58AM     
More Discussions
Which Bowl for Art Energy on Crackle Chest with Olivia Sofa's?
http://www.zgallerie.com/p-11660-jupiter-bowl.aspx or...
What should I put above the sofa?
Dear Houzzers ! This is our family room.I am not sure...
Two recliners next to each other?
Need to furnish our new condo. Due to size and layout...
Help design my country/vintage/modern idk what it is kitchen!
okay, here is my kitchen. Just had the granite installed...
need help with powder bath
Had seen online a black/yellow bath which caught my...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.