powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Will Eames lounge chair and ottoman work here?
chicagogo
November 9, 2012 in Design Dilemma
My husband wants a comfy chair so he can take a snooze in our new condo. Will the Eames style lounge chair and ottoman work? If so, white or dark brown leather? Since I have two club chairs, I don't know about adding another...If so, what style? Thanks!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
camillealbert
Where would you put it?
0 Likes   November 9, 2012 at 3:29PM
chicagogo
I removed a couple small chairs and a side table that were in the foreground of the photo. That's where the new chair would go.
0 Likes   November 9, 2012 at 3:50PM
patty526
Sure, why not? But in black. Has he tried snoozing in one? And he'll need a side table. I ask about trying it out first, because comfort is such an individual thing. Hubby here needs full out sofa, or the leather club and ottoman.
0 Likes   November 9, 2012 at 4:05PM
feeny
Definitely in dark brown or black, not white. But it should work well with the clean lines of your current furniture. Great room and view!
1 Like   November 9, 2012 at 4:07PM
maggierussell
Nice room with a gorgeous view and windows. An Eames lounge chair would go well here I would go with a black or brown one. You want to make sure that your room is not too cluttered with furniture . You may want to take away one of the club chairs. I also have one other suggestion (if you don't mind). Your lovely white credenza with the TV on top of it - I would paint that another colour that would go better with your furniture. Why not have some fun and draw on some of the accent colours from your pillows? Good luck. Look forward to seeing a picture of the room with the lounge chair.
1 Like   November 10, 2012 at 2:40AM
howatan
Y-E-S
0 Likes   November 11, 2012 at 2:29AM
chicagogo
Thanks everyone for all of the advice! And a note to maggierussell: when I bought that credenza , I bought it in white because I had every intention of painting it. You have spurred me on to get that project done!
0 Likes   November 11, 2012 at 6:51AM
PRO
Change of ArtĀ®
If you're in Chicago, and considering a (barely) used DWR Eames Lounger and Ottoman, let me know. I'm considering selling mine -- bet it's been sat in less than a dozen times.
0 Likes   November 11, 2012 at 7:30AM
Sara Parker
I think an Eames Lounger "goes" anywhere! Just have to realize it will take over the room.
0 Likes   November 11, 2012 at 7:55AM
PRO
Paint Creek
Let go of the club chairs. Two Eames Loungers are even better than one,. That will give you better balance and will allow you better flexibility to rearrange on occasion. Brown will look best after you've brought in a light color in a trow and some pillows or other accents. Love your view.
0 Likes   November 11, 2012 at 10:22AM
dallasgraduate
Email me if you haven't sold your lounger.
0 Likes   January 6, 2013 at 1:19PM
sandkshouse
Well, I am totally late to this discussion. I just saw it pop up, but I am going to go ahead and throw my opinion in. We have an ELC. We love it. But do not buy it if the main thing you want is a chair to sleep in. Since it is a short chair, there is no head support. So you'll be trying to sleep keeping your head balanced. Every time you does off, your head will bob, and you'll wake up. It is a comfortable chair, great for conversing, great for reading. But sleeping? Not so much.
0 Likes   January 6, 2013 at 1:46PM
Mary Ann Einarson
Hi dallasstudent13, I got a response (from another reader, not the poster) that same day, and they picked it up 2 days later! (I have two vintage Barcelona chairs I'd consider selling--but they're much more 'lived in'.)
0 Likes   January 6, 2013 at 1:48PM
dallasgraduate
I kinda saw that coming. They go fast. Thanks, but I have my heart set on a Eames lounge.
0 Likes   January 6, 2013 at 1:50PM
Mary Ann Einarson
They are pretty great. Figured I'd have mine for life, but when I 'accidentally' built a massive hearth, it became too large for the space. Have to admit, I do miss it, but I know it's in a good home (nearby!). Best of luck finding yours!
0 Likes   January 6, 2013 at 1:54PM
PRO
Design Within Reach
Hello Chicagogo,

I think an Eames Lounge and Ottoman will not only provide a pleasing aesthetic, but will also be very comfortable for your husband! I recommend doing a dark brown or black leather with a Palisander wood finish. These dark finishes will bring the natural flow of the design, ensuring it will not simply just blend in.

I have created a 3D Rendering of your space to see what your living space would look like with the addition of the Eames Lounge and Ottoman Hope this helps you to visualize it better!

Find it here and even play around with it - http://dwr.mydeco.com/3d-design/designdilemma/3963985/

Best,
Jill@DWR
0 Likes   January 14, 2013 at 10:39AM