Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
My Closet Is Super Small!
Doug Lau
November 9, 2012 in Design Dilemma
My closet is super small. My room isn't that big either. I just need more space to hang up clothes/coats. There's one corner where I could put a wardrobe or something (see picture). Any suggestions on what to get that would fit the area and solve my problem?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Darzy
I think Ikea glass front wardrobe closets will do the trick!
1 Like   November 9, 2012 at 9:25PM
malmester
I would agree with your wardrobe ideas. That is the only way you're going to pick up linear foot space. What's also important is making sure you're spacial planning properly in the existing closet. If you haven't already done so- contact your local California Closets for perfection!!

From a very knowledgeable California Closets designer:)
1 Like   November 9, 2012 at 9:48PM
Doug Lau
Thanks malmester. I would love a custom wardrobe. Just browded california closets really quickly and liked what I saw. However, I feel like it would be really expensive?
0 Likes   November 9, 2012 at 10:05PM
malmester
A lot of things go into the cost to increase it. If you stick to the standards like square door faces, flat top (no crown molding), standard toe kick, etc you can estimate $200-$250 a linear foot. When you start adding upgrades such as deco door panels like raised panel, shaker, Beadboard, etc, specialty moldings, wood grains the price can double or even triple on the linear foot average. If you're a modern/contemporary style than quake doors are perfect for you! Look at CC's Lago line if you are!
0 Likes   November 9, 2012 at 10:13PM
kellifawn
I have a small walk-in closet in my apt. 45x45. I used a closet organizer from Home Depot ($59) on one side and the other side wasn't very deep (the door was off-set) So right next to the door I used a white wire pantry organizer also from Home Depot. It's about 10' wide and has "baskets" nearly from floor to ceiling. Then towards the back of the closet, on that same wall, I used the same type wire Laundry room shelf and hanger holder. I stacked two for pants and shirts. On the back wall I hung a tie organizer for my belts, scarves and really long necklaces, below that a shoe organizer from Wal-Mart. I did the whole closet for about $200. Best thing I did to my closet. I store small stuff the pantry baskets like socks, tanks, slips, panties. No need for a dresser in my small bedroom. Measure and draw a blue-print before you head out to the stores! Good Luck!
1 Like   November 9, 2012 at 10:38PM
Doug Lau
Thanks kellifawn. Any way you can take a pic of your closet? Would love to see it.
0 Likes   November 9, 2012 at 10:41PM
More Discussions
Window To Nowhere - Ideas?
Here is your design challenge. I am starting a rehab...
Selling house, should I update kitchen cabinets or buy stainless steel frig?
I'm selling my house. I have one of those generic oak...
How did you know you were ready to buy a house?
There are financial considerations, but also logistical...
Need help in buying refrigerator !!! Planning to buy this Memorial Day weekend ;-)
The space behind the wall on the left is for the refrigerator....
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.