powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
How to Choose the Best Furniture For Bedroom?
Volpefurniture
November 10, 2012 in Design Dilemma
I have bought a new home and I wish to buy the best furniture for my bedroom. Can anyone suggest, where can I get the finest deal?
Thanks
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
inkwitch
DO NOT buy a whole bedroom suite of the same furniture. Not only is it boring, you will hate the way it looks when you put it all together.

There are numerous choices for quality furniture. Start with the bed, the most important item in the room. Decide on a style: sleigh, platform, metal, Scandinavian. Then find out who makes a quality product. Most expensive is not necessarily the best. Sometimes what you're paying for is not workmanship, but brand name. Pointless if it doesnt last 20 years.
0 Likes   November 10, 2012 at 4:55AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Shawn Lagemann
I agree whole heartedly. I also agree on starting with the bed. The bed should be the "hero" of the room. Night stands are always needed, but even they do not need to match. Then figure out exactly what you NEED for storage in the bedroom. There is no rule that you have to own a dresser if you store all of your clothes in the closet. Will you have a TV in the room? How do you plan to view it? From a sitting area, in bed? A sideboard with storage or a media center may be a better choice for you. Do you have a seating area, or at least a chair you can sit on and tie youe shoes or put on socks.
Buy furniture for your specific needs, buy the best quality for the work horse pieces you can afford. Don't forget lighting, and a mirror of some sort. Look at the photos of Master Bedrooms here on Houzz, you'll get an inspiration for mixing and maybe land on a style that appeals to you. Fall in love with a piece, the green tags show you where they came from, or ask the question. Have Fun!!
1 Like   November 10, 2012 at 5:10AM