Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need help with my stair....
Michele Leal
November 10, 2012 in Design Dilemma
Hello I would like sugestion for my stairs, the steps are in marble , what kind handrail shoul I use????and What could I put in this space around the window inside and outside?????
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
TanCalGal
Wrought iron rail is nice with marble. Sorry I do not understand question # 2.
3 Likes   November 10, 2012 at 7:54PM
PRO
EB Interiors
definately go with wroght iron
1 Like   November 10, 2012 at 8:09PM
riddleskitty
Glass or iron in a simple design would be lovely and updated. Both those options aren't cheap however. You could also do simple, sleek wood handrail painted charcoal, which would be cheaper I imagine. Under the stairs, maybe a chair would be nice. On the outside, I wouldn't put anything big, as it would just draw attention to the awkwardness and narrowness of the space. Maybe some ground-cover plants in a large low planter that would cover the whole area?
1 Like   November 10, 2012 at 8:25PM
PRO
AjWDC, Aj Williams Design Company
Where do these stairs lead and come from? I would keep the railing simple as not to distract from the architecture. For the spaces: how would you like to use the them? I always suggest creating places of destination for spaces like these, where one might want to go to read a book or escape from the "noise". The indoor space could be cleverly utilized for storage (i.e. a bookcase and chaise) or meditation (i.e. a waterfall, mats and stools). Decorate the outdoor space as an extension of the indoor space (i.e as artwork that brings the outdoors in). If the outdoor space is limited, consider replace the glass with stained, etched or leaded glass artwork. Hope that helps!
1 Like   November 10, 2012 at 8:29PM
Lee Poehler
Though my fav is iron with deep rich wood hand rail. I'm drawn to modern cable or leaving completely open due the way it's set up.
That are would make great reading nook and plant show case.

pic is doodle of sitting are or reading nook. book shelves on wall open plank style box to sit on could be store with top that hinges or leave open for extra book shelves

modern bright rug

modern pendant

The pic of behind stairs...is that gonna be open like that or is it part of vent/heat unit
3 Likes   November 10, 2012 at 10:00PM
keyti
I personally feel, your home can have the stairs, wooden play a bracket ( building blocks type, middle is empty ), it can put some books or flowers or something, this can increase the utilization rate of the staircase, and more artistic feeling. I hope to help you
2 Likes   November 11, 2012 at 1:27AM
Michele Leal
Tks sooooo much for your wonderfull sugestions....In the second floor are the bedrooms and ground is living room and kitchen...The side view is a swimming pool view, and there are glasses in front and back.
1 Like   November 11, 2012 at 4:37AM
yvonne_pinckney
I love marble! Wrought iron rail with Plexiglas or unbreakable glass panels. You want to keep open to all the wonderful light and view. On front windows put stained or frosted.and the windows facing pool keep clear. Just place valances in the form of a scarf either centered or start from one side edge of cornice and drape longer end of scarf on one side to give the space color pop.
1 Like   November 11, 2012 at 5:11AM
Lee Poehler
still not sure if the area in ur 3rd pic is going to empty like that or some sort of venting system. If empty would be great plant show case
0 Likes   Thanked by Michele Leal    November 12, 2012 at 9:10AM
Michele Leal
More pictures just to you understand how are the views...Back is a swimming pool
1 Like   November 17, 2012 at 8:54AM
Michele Leal
one more picture to you understand my dilemma
1 Like   November 18, 2012 at 12:41PM
TanCalGal
This will be so gorgeous. Check on many ideas here: http://www.houzz.com/floating-stair-case
1 Like   November 18, 2012 at 1:02PM
Michele Leal
tks for now
1 Like   November 19, 2012 at 2:34PM
PRO
Wood Railing
depends on the style of the home, but check out Mountain Laurel Handrails http://awoodrailing.com
0 Likes   November 19, 2012 at 7:32PM
0 Likes   January 20, 2013 at 11:55AM
kwistina
Since others have already posted my first thoughts about what you should do, I'll keep it simple. The child in me screamed "yeah, a small area under the stairs for little tea parties and play!". If you have a little girl or a little boy, that would be an adorable little play area
1 Like   January 20, 2013 at 12:07PM