Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Colour choice and location
skyeaussie
November 10, 2012 in Design Dilemma
I want to paint my kitchen red, but my upstairs is open and I'm not sure where to change color and what other colour I should use. I like brown and green. Also any ideas on a good red colour would be great. I like the more rust colour reds.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
skyeaussie
Does anyone have any ideas?
0 Likes   November 11, 2012 at 3:01AM
creeser
A rusty red or a chocolate brown would look good. Stopping the paint at the pass through isn't an issue on the right, but what about the passage on the left? Is there a stopping point available there like trim work or a slight jut out on the wall?
0 Likes   November 11, 2012 at 3:26AM
skyeaussie
No, nothing to stop paint colour in left side, I would be happy to paint it the entire length of that wall if I knew what other colour to put ont the other 3 walls in the living room.
0 Likes   November 11, 2012 at 6:41AM
creeser
If you did a rusty red, you could use a golden yellow. Chocolate brown, you could use a gray that has the warm undertones .
0 Likes   November 11, 2012 at 6:46AM
skyeaussie
I like the idea of the golden yellow, I'm just having a hard time seeing it. I like a warm grey too.
0 Likes   November 11, 2012 at 7:14AM
creeser
Go to sherwin-williams.com . On the click down menu, do homeowner and then find the Color Visualizer. It'll give you a choice of rooms to "paint". Pick one and pick the colors and try them out on the walls of the picture. I think Benjamin Moore paints has one of these on their website as well.
0 Likes   November 11, 2012 at 10:04AM
PRO
Red Pepper Design & Cabinetry
your wall color is already such a warm, caramelly color I would suggest opposite- blue. There is a huge range so find the combo you are comfortable with.
0 Likes   November 11, 2012 at 10:16AM
More Discussions
How far should the shelves on sides of fireplace surround extend?
We're having a fireplace surround built. The question...
Boring Bedroom needs Quickie Update
I've grown tired of my minimalist bedroom and I am...
does this work as a lamp?
Do you guys think that woven cylinder thing in the...
Flooring Help
We just bought a new home and it is in need of a complete...
Outdated galley kitchen. Ideas ?
Planning a very pale grey cabinet (painting) . Would...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.