Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
I need help with paint colors!
kymann
November 11, 2012 in Design Dilemma
I want a modern contemp. look for our entry way but i would like to add some color , The gray family keeps tugging at my pant leg how do i get away from the grays but add that contemporary look? don't mind the Chandelier thats not staying.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Emily Hurley
I do love grey. I can't help myself. If you also like it, Maybe try it out and then use some color on the walls with art and in an entry rug to add a little something?

Foyer

Jewell Street Addition
November 14, 2012 at 5:41pm     
smldesigns
What are the colors of the adjoining rooms and what color is the furniture and carpet or rugs in them?
November 14, 2012 at 5:47pm   
lefty47
HI -- Your entrance is so large and has lots of light you could use a very strong color - even a charcoal would work or a dark navy and then have a large colorful modern art piece . You could add a very large format wallpaper . Go for the drama , you have the room for it.
November 14, 2012 at 5:50pm     
nevadan
Take your cue from the window and use a soft blue or turquoise. Add a tapestry to a large wall. You can have a photo shop make a tapestry of any image such as a favorite painting or design. Don't violate copyright. Try to use a phot of sky and clouds. It will be brilliant.
November 14, 2012 at 6:09pm   
November 14, 2012 at 7:42pm     
martincollins
The old relation keeps tugs at my pant leg how do i get absent from the grays but add so as to current look? http://usatermpapers.com/
November 15, 2012 at 2:01am   
Olivia Hazel
Hi there! I had to add a comment here because I wrote on Houzz this morning looking to get away from my contemporary, gray entryway with lots of mirrors :) I'll add the pic of mine to show you what it could look like. If you're interested, the previous owners of our home left the paint in the basement and I could tell you what the color is :) See pic.
November 15, 2012 at 4:20am   
decoenthusiaste
Posted a couple of ideabook links for you that I think will help with your choice. http://www.houzz.com/ideabooks/query/greige http://www.houzz.com/ideabooks/query/grey
November 15, 2012 at 4:50am   
PRO
Sherri Fitzgerald
Hi there
I'm an interior decorator and think your entry is awesome and has a lot of potential! I would paint the tall wall with your door and sidelights a bold modern color or wall paper and then paint the side walls a lighter grey. Paint your stair rails in black for a very modern look, remove the knobs on the posts and replace them with a square top. You didn't say what colors appeal to you so I'm posting a few ideas to give you some inspiration. I love the lighting in the first picture!!! Be brave about your color ...and make sure you choose a paint store that has an on staff decorator to help you pick your color. You can e-mail them a picture you like and they will know how to pick the right color for you. Happy decorating!!!

NeMo (New Modern)
Apartment, block 70, New Belgrade
Yaletown Loft
J. Hirsch Interior Design Portfolio
Icon
Bucktown Beauty
bedroom
jamesthomas, LLC
November 15, 2012 at 6:54am     
PRO
Marie Hebson's interiorsBYDESIGN Inc.
Hi kymann, you don't need to add colour to the walls to have an amazing space.
especially for modern spaces, go soft decorator white in your space, then add colour in unconventionals ways - like ART, wallpaper, accessories etc. Has a much more refined
look than going grey. Have fun, be confident in your choices, don't second guess - rule number
one in modern design aesthetic.
November 15, 2012 at 9:42am     
PRO
樓设 loftS 64 Interior Design Consultancy
Hi kymann, may be you can look into trying a turquoise stucco paint wall to enliven & give fresh to the void space.other alternative, you may trying hand sketched on white wall which create a story for the owner & does enliven the space to a more functional one.less boring which walking down the stairs...
Or either mirror montage or Tapestry could've the last choices but am afraid it ll block the sunlight...
November 19, 2012 at 4:41am   
kymann
THANK YOU ALLSO MUCH! I REALLY NEEDED TO BE GUIDED THROUGH THIS...I'm to indecisive to ever be a decorator. Emily Hurley Love those Grey's as you know! Missymo I'm taking your advice with the railings & door as we speak, great idea with he color from the rug! (prob an obvious but i'm oblivious to design. Sherri Fitzgerald great suggestions a well i'm just trying to figure out which walls to use them on. Keep your ideas coming they are all a huge help..more than you know!
November 19, 2012 at 8:00am   
kymann
Work
In progress but were getting there
June 23, 2013 at 6:26am     
Genevieve
My thoughts are that you need to go into a darker grey,you get plenty of light do to the window ,so you don't need to worry about being too dark ,a good coat of that plus a new pewter chandelier,plus some black and white art and you will have what you are aiming for .

June 23, 2013 at 6:49am   
More Discussions
Help with my living room
Hi everyone who can help. This is my third time putting...
It needs something...
Snagged this hand painted entry way piece today at...
Simulator
Https://www.swingsense.com SwingSense is a leading...
What decorative items do you hate the most?
It does not have to be overused or trend that should...
Really struggling with this small dining room!
I am starting a new thread with updated pictures for...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.