powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need help for my entrance-SOME ADVICE !?
ela7
November 12, 2012 in Design Dilemma
Hi all, I need an advice of how to move on with my project "entrance".

I started painting one wall in blue color (see picture)- this wall hasn´t been finished yet. Want to put on some more pictures in simplet white frames. Now I´m in dilemma with my other wall which I started targeting with little canvases, lettering the cities my husband and I have visited. After trying to put them on I decided it looked kind of "studently" :-). So I hung them off. (Picture show how it looked like when the pictures hung there). Right next to this little "wall" is the entrance door. So there is not much space for a shelf or something. It has to be something "thin"- so that it won´t fall off, whenn someone entries the door.

Now my question: Would you think a BIIIIG FRAMED MIRROR would look good!? Or shall I just put like 4 equal sized dark-framed pictures on the entrance!?

I´ve put some pictures for you to see how the half-finished entrance looks like. There are still some things to come (like a little footlocker under that white frame) and a little carpet in the middle of the entrance.

Please advise
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
ela7
P.S. My english´s not too good...I´m a native european :-)
November 12, 2012 at 1:05AM   
bdkoplin
I think your idea of a large mirror would be a good combination to finish off your entry. It is always nice to have a mirror for your guest as they come in also.
November 12, 2012 at 1:27AM     
ela7
Would you recommend some deco beside the mirror? I´m afraid the wall would look too empy then....
November 12, 2012 at 1:35AM     
greenthumb2
use a demi-table. meine Deutsche ist nicht sehr gut. kleine halb tisch. schue kabine mit blumen ober. guten tag. I just took a guess, your English is just fine. :=) great job. keep up the good work.
November 12, 2012 at 1:47AM   
ela7
Thanks :-) I´m afraid there isn´t enough space for a demi table. I actually also thought of it, too. Then decided for the boards on the left side of the entrance (right underneath the wooden panels on the wall). Between wall and entry door there is a space of maximum of 4 " .....
November 12, 2012 at 1:54AM   
charleee
I really like the wall you did with the places you and your husband visited! I don't think it looks studently at all. However, if you do, then try this as was suggested in another post. Paint circles of different sizes on the wall, then add the names of the cities. It will look more fun than structured. Anybody can put up a mirror, the history you and your husband have is unique.
November 12, 2012 at 3:00AM     
greenthumb2
I think some colors and shapes from the (painting in the foyer)incorporated into your travels would look incredible. Draw a few ideas first. I am thinking if circles aren't quite your style, ribbon like pathways only wide to thin ribbon (like a mobius strip, but open ended for the next trip you take) would be interesting. Just one or three, not even number.
:=)
November 12, 2012 at 3:27AM     
ela7
Guys+Gals= Thanks for your comments. I think that pathways are quite a good hint. And yes olldbob: a mirror is not UNIQUE :-).....Thanks again for posting. I will try to do sth out of it...... :-)

..and let you know about my decission :-)

Greetings from Munich-Germany
November 12, 2012 at 3:46AM     
Aja Mazin
I like it!
November 12, 2012 at 5:04AM