Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need help choosing color and design advice for master room
andreasuber
November 12, 2012 in Design Dilemma
Hello,

I really need your help choosing the right color for my master room. I like a gray color maybe . I like neutrals. Plus some design ideas for the wall and dresser area. Thank you so much,
Andrea
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Aggie Purvinska
I think you should mount your TV on the wall and relieve the dresser, a large framed black and white print above bed with two wall sconces and get rid of those lamps. Keep it minimalist. keep the wall color in the Light Range. Ghost chair for the Computer Table
[houzz=Edgecomb Gray HC-173]

[houzz=Starck Louis Ghost Chair in Clear]

[houzz=Metro II Nickel Swing Arm Wall Sconce]

[houzz=Air Lines Print]

Large almost room size rug (carpet with finished edge)

[houzz=Calliope Berber Ivory Rug]
November 12, 2012 at 12:26PM     
PRO
MAS Design
I like all of the above ideas by Aggie Designs. Another idea for the paint is a confident, dark grey or grey/beige ("greige") like Gauntlet Grey by Sherwin Williams, with a rich, soft white (with a tiny bit of grey to make it sophisticated and serene) like Incredible White, also by SW, for the trim, molding, and doors. For a designer hue, Farrow and Ball, Downpipe is gorgeous. A strong paint color makes the room look really pulled together and intentional - also a modern approach as opposed to the old school, "it will make the room look smaller" idea. If you have an empty wall, a big leaning floor mirror is always great to open spaces up and super functional for the master. I like the tv on the console (so it doesn't overpower the room) - maybe add a stack of coffee table books and a candle or a small trinket on top for a more lived-in look. A small pop of color or a graphic in a throw or throw pillows on the bed would be nice. Perhaps yellow or even a metallic gold if you prefer no bright color. Or a bench for the end of the bed could be done with color or two bright table lamps on the nightstand for fun. I also always prefer to ditch the mini blinds for some drapes or fabric blinds - more approachable and comfy. It's going to be beautiful! Good luck!
November 12, 2012 at 12:43PM     
PRO
Inspired Interiors by Wendi, IIDA
There is nothing more relaxing than an all-white bedroom. I agree with AggieDesigns that you should mount the television on the wall. I recommend hanging a gold (or silver) starburst mirror above the bed, such as this one from ZGallerie:
http://www.zgallerie.com/p-2041-devon-mirror.aspx
November 12, 2012 at 12:46PM     
dcer
Yes, definitely mount the TV on the wall. Then do layered neutrals with bedding, and hang some nice artwork above the bed. I am always nervous with starburst mirrors- I feel as if they would impale me in my sleep!:) Maybe get some roman shades/drapes and a desk chair-I like the ghost chair idea from Aggie. You could also paint or wallpaper the bed wall in a darker neutral!
November 12, 2012 at 12:52PM     
andreasuber
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
November 12, 2012 at 8:40PM     
Keerthi Naidu
This Ideabook has a lot of great ideas for neutral color palettes for the bedroom. Take a look and see if any of these appeal to you:

November 13, 2012 at 3:29PM   
anewpennameandthata
You need to tell people: the colour of the floor and the colour of the adjacent rooms.
November 13, 2012 at 3:54PM   
movethisnotthat
colors in the forecast would include "linen" that might be a choice for you mixed with whites and other neutrals. Do you like the monochromatic look?
November 13, 2012 at 4:15PM