Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
I need help with appliance choice for the kitchen
cempson
November 12, 2012 in Design Dilemma
I am needing to replace appliances. They are now white and would like to update to something else. My first choice was stainless, finger prints being a problem, though.Then I saw the new slate color that GE now has in the showrooms. No finger print problems. Any thoughts on the new slate color and what I might do to make up my mind?
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Emily Hurley
I actually haven't seen the new slate color, though now I'm super curious.

For what it's worth, I have stainless in my kitchen and don't really notice a big problem with fingerprints. If I give it the once-over every so often they look great. Granted, if my kids were littler, it would probably be a bigger issue. :)
November 14, 2012 at 5:27PM   
cempson
Thanks Emily!
The slate is brand new and not even fully out in the market place yet. I saw a set up at our major furniture and appliance store....I think they are testing the market.
I ended up with stainless, and like you, I don't have little kids everyday, but do have grandchildren ...so will get to test it out!
Thanks for your comments!
November 15, 2012 at 5:47PM   
feeny
Not sure whether you are interested in a cabinet depth refrigerator, but the new Slate line doesn't seem to have them yet. A deal breaker for me. Otherwise they look lovely.
But I too don't seem to have fingerprint problems with my SS fridge. Maybe because it is brushed SS? Or maybe because adults tend to grab handles rather then pushing doors closed with a full palm.
November 15, 2012 at 5:57PM   
More Discussions
Barn door to bedroom privacy/noise issues
We are building a small vacation home and the master...
Awkward, ugly, old cabinets
Please help! I am 21, and I'm renting a house that...
Double wall oven vs range + single oven under counter
Trying to decide between having gas cooking top (36")...
please help i have no idea where to stsrt
bathroom, I rent so I don't want to do a lot to it...
Need help decorating Living room fireplace and wall
I have a large fireplace and wall and not sure how...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.