Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need help furnish open space living room/kitchen
katescandinavia
November 13, 2012 in Design Dilemma
Trying to figure out how best utilize this space. Love the concrete patch but not sure how to make best use of it. Trying to do a combined living room setup with desk/mini office, maybe at end left corner? And maybe find a kitchen island to make kitchen more interesting and not so thrown up against the wall. Ideas?

Furniture: for living room I have white modern leather couch and oversized matching chair (see picture) with light wooden sides and a very low coffee table, also light wood. A white lacquer parsons desk for work station. Need a tv console station and maybe some credenzas. I like the whites and minimalistic feel but think maybe kitchen should be more rustic/industrial? Don't know how to combine these. Want apt to feel light, bright and open.

Also want to take out carpet. Not sure whether I should go for the concrete underneath and have it polished or go for wooden floors. What do you think?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
houssaon
I would go with wood floors from the kitchen to the living area, maybe a white wash grey. Like these: Dolphin Terrace Vineworx rug in a contemporary kitchen Or this: Palmerston Kitchen A metal island on rollers would work: KitchenLab Or a bar height table with stools.
0 Likes   November 13, 2012 at 9:02PM
PRO
Design A
I would recommend using dark stained floors. This way the concrete wall will pop!

Kitchen http://www.camberconstruction.com
wenge cabinets
0 Likes   November 13, 2012 at 10:38PM
Natalie
Hi---do the entire space with porcelain tile which looks like wood... I would put in a small table for two/three on the wall opposite the sink... (see pic) a desk/work area situated between the kitchen and concrete-would give it a built-in look. Paint the walls a warm gray/taupe so it doesn't look "cold" and add rugs/hides for that rustic vibe you like. I hope this is helpful. Good Luck and CongratS!
[houzz=Strand Porcelain Tile - Linear Stone Look Tile - Beige Tile - Floor tile][houzz=DC Design House][houzz=Amoroso Design][houzz=Penthouse Remodel]
0 Likes   November 13, 2012 at 11:04PM
Natalie
Darker porcelain floor.

[houzz=
]
0 Likes   November 13, 2012 at 11:08PM