Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need solution for computer
sarasternman
November 13, 2012 in Design Dilemma
We need to move our computer to our dining area. We have a built in corner table where we would like to put the computer, but for aesthetic reasons we would like to keep the computer in a free standing cabinet so that we can close the doors to hide the computer. Is there an attractive, free standing cabinet on the market that can sit securely on a corner table, and have either a sliding door or regular doors which can close easily, and can fit a Mac computer? We need something in a light wood or white finish to match our decor. Any suggestions and related ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Emily Hurley
There are lots of office armoire type pieces that would work well, but I'm not sure I've seen something that could sit on a tabletop and function that way. Have you thought of maybe having a carpenter build a cabinet above the table?
November 15, 2012 at 1:40pm   
charleee
I'm confused, are you looking for a corner cabinet like this one, or just a cabinet that will fit on a corner table? [houzz=
]
November 15, 2012 at 3:30pm   
sarasternman
I'm looking for a similar style to the corner cabinet you pictured above, but wondering if there is one which can be mounted onto the built in corner table. I'm trying to see if there is a way we can buy ready made furniture and avoid the carpenter.
November 15, 2012 at 8:10pm   
charleee
There's this one, but with the glass doors I'm not sure it will do: [houzz=Madison Avenue Corner Wall Cabinet]

And IKEA has a bigger assortment, does the door open wide enough? [houzz=AKURUM Wall corner cabinet]

And that is pretty much all I could find on Houzz, sorry!
November 16, 2012 at 2:43am   
sarasternman
thanks i'll check these out.
November 16, 2012 at 2:46am     
olldroo
Ikea make a great cabinet, the doors open out and then slide into the sides of the cupboard.
November 16, 2012 at 3:52am