Professionals
Users
Need an area rug.
kcrocombe
November 14, 2012 in Design Dilemma
Not too traditional though.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dcer
Is that painting a new one you will hang over the bed?
November 14, 2012 at 1:31PM     
houssaon
There are so many rugs available. LLBean has nice ones, you can order online. So does Pottery Barn. Look Houzz products for rug ideas: Geneve Indoor-Outdoor Rug Love this one: Tauna Recycled Yarn Kilim Indoor/Outdoor Rug

These would be pretty with your bedding: Outdoor or Indoor Summer Trellis Hooked Rug Martha Stewart Rugs, MSR3612C Silver

I would get new window curtains. What you have now reminds me of sheets - sorry, but they do. How about a pretty print? Pair of Decorative Designer Custom Curtains by Castle Creek Designs These are so much fun: Spring Bloom Embroidered Window Panel
November 14, 2012 at 1:55PM   
kcrocombe
Yes, it is.
November 14, 2012 at 4:29PM   
kcrocombe
Yes, the curtains are going. And here is the chair and one rug possibility.
November 14, 2012 at 5:20PM   
smldesigns
I think your first addition to the bedroom should be a headboard whether you buy or make it. Have already purchased the leather chair?
November 14, 2012 at 5:31PM     
kcrocombe
Yep....it's coming tomorrow. More traditional than I'd like : /
I'd rather have something with cleaner lines but...it's hubby's TV watching chair
November 14, 2012 at 5:33PM   
kcrocombe
Between the chocolate pillows and the picture....you don't think a headboard would be too much? Ideas on a headboard?
November 14, 2012 at 5:37PM   
smldesigns
How high are your ceilings and what are the dimensions of the picture?
November 14, 2012 at 5:41PM     
kcrocombe
Standard wall height then going into cathedral ceiling. The picture will be about 3 inches wider than the one there currently and 9 inches less in height.
November 14, 2012 at 5:46PM   
smldesigns
Then I think you have room for a headboard - draw the wall on graph paper or with some of the room planning software that is on the web. I think a headboard should probably be a simple rectangle shape and then put drapery rods and draperies all the way to the ceiling - be sure to extend the rod out a little to the left and right of the window. On second thought you don't have a lot of room, maybe you should have a right drapery on the right window and a left drapery on the left window tied back and maybe some kind of shade under them for privacy.
November 14, 2012 at 6:02PM     
jweber71
try overstock for a rug - shipping is cheap and the rugs are on sale now - i just got a traditional wool 9x12 for under $500 - you should be able to find something and if it doesn't work they are great to make returns
November 14, 2012 at 6:04PM   
jweber71
try overstock for a rug - shipping is cheap and the rugs are on sale now - i just got a traditional wool 9x12 for under $500 - you should be able to find something and if it doesn't work they are great to make returns
November 14, 2012 at 6:04PM     
kcrocombe
Thank you for the advice : ) I will look into making a headboard.
November 14, 2012 at 6:06PM   
jweber71
try the hand tufted whimsy ivory rug on overstock - super cute and so cheap - i would consider moving the bed to another wall and placing the chest between windows - i might be wrong however
November 14, 2012 at 6:07PM     
jweber71
on the headboard again try overstock or home decorator outlet for a super simple fabric headboard - we got a simple microfiber oatmeal covered one with simple lines and it is just fine - like $250 - I would go with a different drapery like a flat front roman shade with a simple contrast - also overstock (i do not work for them) or a pinch pleat drape that is sleek and looks polished
November 14, 2012 at 6:10PM     
smldesigns
Also look at TJ Maxx, Marshall's and Tuesday Morning & Pier I
November 14, 2012 at 6:19PM     
Natalie
Hi---well here are some ideas---change the window panels--found some at JCP on clearance-$20.00 a panel---95" in Ivory beige---mount rod as close to the ceiling as possible.
I like the rug you chose, but it is very close in shade to the floor therefore it will hardly be noticed. I suggest something like the pics I've attached. Good Luck with your room... Really like the art and chair for the space. :)
http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/for-the-home/departments/window-treatments/in-home-services/custom-decorating-/resource-center/chris-madden-mystique-grommet-top-drapery-panel/prod.jump?ppId=18b6b2f&catId=cat100560212&deptId=dept20021210041&dimCombo=null&dimComboVal=null http://www.rugsusa.com/rugsusa/rugs/safavieh-an521a/green/101AN521A-305.html http://www.rugsusa.com/rugsusa/rugs/safavieh-hg453a/light-green/101HG453A-606R.html
November 14, 2012 at 6:27PM     
kcrocombe
Not sure I want the rug to be the star...I think too much pattern may make the room too cluttered looking. Love the rugs you suggested, especially the first one,but it has olive green in it and my green is sort of like sea foam but with a little more blue in it. Thanks for your suggestions! I do like those curtains in the cream.
November 14, 2012 at 8:23PM