Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Is this fabric too busy?
Suzanne Melges
November 15, 2012 in Design Dilemma
I am recovering two large window seats. I found some great fabric from Ballard Design that I love but I wonder if it is too busy/ clashes with the lattice on the cabinets beneath. Should I use the fabric for accent details, instead? Such as pillows or recover a bench or chair in the room?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Nancy Hehmann
I think it is great fabric! I honestly think your idea of using it on a chair in the room might be the best. B/c it has a lattice look it would tie the chair to the window seat. Using it on the window bench would be just "ok" but it does compete with the lattice that is already there. Using it for cushions would also work. I hope I have been of help.
0 Likes   November 15, 2012 at 7:29AM
houssaon
I think the pattern is too similair to the lattice. Recove a bench and use it for pillows.
2 Likes   November 15, 2012 at 7:31AM
Christine
I like the fabric for the window seat cushion (but don't love it). It looks really nubby and heavily textured so you want to make sure it does not overpower the rest of whatever is in the room or what you will put on the window seat. This may make more work for you but I do not like the lattice you have used for the bottom of the seats. That lattice really has an outdoor sensibility and as such should be used outdoors or in a sunroom type setting. Is there a radiator or something under the seat that needs the lattice application? If not then I suggest getting some antique mirror panels and putting them in place of the lattice. In the picture I attached look at the left side of the closet island... That is what I have in mind for the lattice portion of the window seat.
0 Likes   November 15, 2012 at 8:09AM
Natalie
Not on the bench---elsewhere.
0 Likes   November 15, 2012 at 8:16AM
AMN
Agree. Too busy and too similar to the lattice. Glad you caught that beforehand!
0 Likes   November 15, 2012 at 8:50AM
mpoulsom
accent pillows or chair in room....agree with others
0 Likes   November 15, 2012 at 9:03AM
decoenthusiaste
I'd love it for a cornice above and drapes away from the bench side. Use another solid or a floral on the bench. Lattice and flowers kinda go together! If you're "going grey," a pop of yellow in pillows would be nice!
0 Likes   November 15, 2012 at 9:34AM
Suzanne Melges
Thank you for your feedback! The picture I took was of one of two identical window seats that flank a set of French doors leading to a deck. The reason the lattice is there is that under one of the two window seats, we have all of our tv & stereo components hidden there so we need venting. Not sure how I could change this & keep the area vented properly?
0 Likes   November 15, 2012 at 10:52AM
tffaulhaber
I love the fabric! But yea it does look a little too similar to the lattice.
0 Likes   November 15, 2012 at 2:23PM
lyn's home
I love the fabric, but I think the pattern shape is too similar in shape and size. If you have your heart on keeping it, perhaps painting the lattice a nice grey would work. Good luck.
0 Likes   November 15, 2012 at 2:57PM
More Discussions
Where should outlets and light switches go to keep backsplash neat?
It seems like on HGTV shows and design pics here on...
Need Help with my Front Walkway
Need help with walkway. We are power washing front...
Why does my couch look pink?
Maybe it's just my camera or the rug or the lighting.... Anyways,...
Blackish blue paint color?
Need blackish blue paint color and brand. Please help!!!...
Need help with paint
Is ther a leading paint brand? I am reprinting my...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.