powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Floor plan layout help & 1bdr or 2bdr ???
D10 Group Inc.
November 15, 2012 in Design Dilemma
Hey, so in the process of developing a low-rise condo and 1 unit in perticular is puzzling...its the top floor unit (front) which is a irregular shape. it is currently a 1 bedroom with an odd layout for the kitchen/living room. so my dilemma is trying to figure a design layout as a 1 bedroom (kitchen/eat-in-kitchen/living room tv, etc) and if this could be made into a 2 bedroom ? i am open to all suggestions/modifications including relocating entry door, windows, terracne door, kitchen etc as well as trying to get a closet somewhere...think of it as an empty box !!! :)
i appreciate all suggestions/advice..you guys are the best...
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Sarah Steere
move the entrance door on the other wall closest to trash and closet then have a U-shape or galley kitchen backed up to elevator shaft. I don't think there is room for a second bedroom, but maybe you could transform the current master into more of a suite?
November 15, 2012 at 4:28PM   
PRO
Custom Home Planning Center
Are you looking to convert the two units into one penthouse unit?
November 15, 2012 at 4:47PM   
PRO
Dytecture
If you are thinking of turning the 1 bedroom unit into 2 then I'm afraid it is too tight to achieve.
November 15, 2012 at 4:59PM   
PRO
D10 Group Inc.
Sarah, I thought of that too...messed around with a few scenarios, trying to see what's going to be the best layout for couch and tv as well...
Custom home - no, not combining units..need to keep them separate ...I think hardest part of this floor plan is where to place tv/couch and what to do with the "closet" next to compactor room...I was thinking to open it all up
November 15, 2012 at 5:01PM   
Sarah Steere
is the "closet" wide enough to accommodate one long row of cabinets/kitchen?
November 15, 2012 at 5:46PM   
PRO
D10 Group Inc.
Yes, it's about 5' maybe suitable for 18" depth cabinets
November 15, 2012 at 6:31PM   
PRO
here is your best bet: just outside the closet add this Murphy bed office or one of the other desk bed combinations.http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=murphy+beds+images&qpvt=murphy+beds+images&FORM=IGRE#view=detail&id=E9EE623C0C2D337E7F60899137DD74637637C4B8&selectedIndex=3
This does require changing the closet swing to in from out. You could even add a wall segment and a sliding barn door for privacy.
November 15, 2012 at 9:12PM   
PRO
on the kitchen I'd add one of these: http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=mobile+kitchen+islands&qpvt=mobile+kitchen+islands&FORM=IGRE
possible the one with seating and add more cabinets on the long wall.
On the bath kick the hall down to 3'10 use the added space for a full 6' spa tub. (see Jetta tubs) and have the door moved down so that it backs to the tub instead of a full frontal view of the toilet.
November 15, 2012 at 9:22PM   
More Discussions
Paint first or decorate first?
My dilemma is, do I paint now when my painter can fit...
small space--must i center on the fireplace?
Philosophical design question: Can I choose not to...
Need help finding a privacy window covering
We have a single, street level home with our living...
Awkward, ugly, old cabinets
Please help! I am 21, and I'm renting a house that...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.