Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need help for space in between kitchen and family room
piperdesigns
November 16, 2012 in Design Dilemma
We remodeled our kitchen and knocked out wall to open it up to the family room. We now have space in between these rooms and are not sure how to furnish. Since we already have a big dining room adjacent and the kitchen island we don't need additional tables. You can see we have opted for a sitting area, but the downside is that this is blocking the bay window seat. Any recommendations? Don't mind the counter stools- still looking- not easy.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Manon Floreat
I think your idea of a sitting area is a good one. I would try pulling the chairs out a bit and turning them around to face the bay window. Likewise, you could turn them to face one another in front of the window. Get a nice cushion and or throw pillows for the window seat and you've got a nice little sitting area. And it's free!
2 Likes   November 16, 2012 at 11:28AM
lefty47
HI -- You don't need to use the window seat as a seat. Just remove the cushion and just use it as a display table area . Everything looks great the way you have it in front of the window . You could turn the chairs a little more facing each other . Looks like a great spot for morning coffee and paper or to visit with the chef .
1 Like   November 16, 2012 at 11:34AM
PRO
Paradise Restored Landscaping & Exterior Design
Agree with Manon and lefty47! Try both or all the suggestions and see what feels best! Your room looks very nice and don't mind the counter stools - they work!
1 Like   November 16, 2012 at 11:38AM
Kim D
I would move the large buffet against the wall out of the room and place the two chairs up against the wall facing the bay window. ... or I would move the wicker chairs into the living room on either side of the fireplace and leave large buffet against the wall.........In other words it looks like either the chairs or buffet could work in space but maybe not both.
1 Like   November 16, 2012 at 11:51AM
Aggie Purvinska
Move the buffet for behind the sofa, and move the wicker chairs to the other side, where the buffet was.
0 Likes   November 16, 2012 at 11:53AM
piperdesigns
I had the Buffett against couch but its too tall. The chairs also don't fit against the wall they are too wide unfortunately. The window is longer than that wall across by 3 feet.
0 Likes   November 16, 2012 at 12:03PM
decoenthusiaste
I like Manon's idea of a gathering area around bay window seat. Turn the chairs to face the seat with a larger, lower table in the middle for all sitters to use.
2 Likes   November 16, 2012 at 12:07PM
Aggie Purvinska
Alrighty then simply turn the wicker chairs facing each other straight on with the little table in the middle...
1 Like   November 16, 2012 at 12:11PM
Kim D
I thought the wall might be too small for both chairs, just use one chair against wall facing window with table.
0 Likes   November 16, 2012 at 12:15PM
piperdesigns
I need to go smaller scale on chairs- maybe these? Both are much smaller than those wicker.
0 Likes   November 16, 2012 at 1:22PM
dcer
Yes, I do like both those chairs, and the idea of a bay window seating area. Beautiful space!
1 Like   November 16, 2012 at 1:24PM