Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Natural Cherry Kitchen
carolhpratt
November 16, 2012 in Design Dilemma
We are about to embark on a remodeling project that includes most of our downstairs, including the kitchen. I love Shaker/Mission style, and have always wanted a kitchen with natural cherry cabinets. Looking through the photos here, however, it appears that cherry cabinets are not the "in" thing -- there are many, many more white kitchen cabinets than anything else. Please assure me that clean, Shaker-style cherry cabinets are classic and always in style! And if not, and you think I'll regret spending all that money on cherry cabinets, let me down gently!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Aggie Purvinska
How about Quarter Sawn or Rift Oak, Cherry had a very strong run in the early 2000's with raised panel, a mission style will always be around, since it is a classic, but Quarter Sawn Oak is probably the material to go with that style...

[houzz=
0 Likes   November 16, 2012 at 1:47PM
PRO
ct design studio
I, for one, think Shaker and natural cherry go together like peanut butter and jelly. White cabinetry has enjoyed a resurgence in popularity thanks to people returning to more classic looks (including Shaker). If you have dreamed of this kitchen for years, you will surely enjoy it for years to come, and you can redo everything around the cabinets in another 20 years and they will still be beautiful. If you love it, go for it!

0 Likes   November 16, 2012 at 1:49PM
carolhpratt
@aggie -- Thanks for the photos, those are gorgeous!! I especially love the Mack Kitchen, although perhaps redder than I would want. @ct design -- Thanks for the encouragement! And I absolutely LOVE the kitchen you posted...that is my dream kitchen! Straight to my idea book! I agree with you, I should go with what I love, but was just starting to get cold feet as I see all the white kitchens!
1 Like   November 16, 2012 at 1:54PM
PRO
ct design studio
Aggie is right, quartersawn oak is great for Shaker as well. I just think cherry has a little more luster to it. Either way you can't go wrong.
0 Likes   November 16, 2012 at 2:03PM