powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Sofa from Spain - How do you like this custom order fabric?
MIG Furniture Design, Inc.
November 17, 2012 in Design Dilemma
One of my client ordered this sofa in custom fabric. I asked manufacturer to picture it for me right after it is done... What do you think of this brown with blue idea???
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Lydia Prokulevich
i don't like it all.
0 Likes   November 17, 2012 at 11:35AM
laurajean
Ugh! I'm sorry, I don't like it at all either. I like the couch...solid brown would be much better.
0 Likes   November 17, 2012 at 11:50AM
feeny
I'm afraid I agree. I don't think it is an attractive fabric or combination.
0 Likes   November 17, 2012 at 11:58AM
dcer
Im sorry, but the fabric just isn't very nice looking.
0 Likes   November 17, 2012 at 12:07PM
Nancy Hehmann
Sorry, I am not a fan.
0 Likes   November 17, 2012 at 12:07PM
PRO
Studio S Squared Architecture, Inc.
Yowzers. :o)
0 Likes   November 17, 2012 at 12:17PM
Aja Mazin
Yikes!
1 Like   November 17, 2012 at 12:23PM
architectrunnerguy
I really like the seat cushions!!!! No wonder Spain's going under!!!
1 Like   November 17, 2012 at 1:03PM
judianna20
Holy Cow !!!! :>( I feel like I am looking at a Rorschach Ink Blot Test. Leaves? shark teeth? spider web? MIG, how are you ever going to decorate around this? You have got to keep us posted. From the bottom of my heart I say "good luck".
2 Likes   November 17, 2012 at 1:14PM
charleee
judyg loves it, she's just afraid to admit it, and she wants to order a matching set.
3 Likes   November 17, 2012 at 1:42PM
olldcan
Have to shake my head when the masses see something for the first time and form a group of naysayers. I can't say I don't like it because I don't know what the rest of the room is like, i'm not afraid of change and can think outside the box. Lets face it, 99.9% of furniture that's readily available looks crappy. Glad to see someone being original on here for a change. Kudos to them, would love to see the entire room when it's done!!!!
Naysayers, remember this sofa when your all running out five years from now trying to but the exact same thing....

now now olldbob don't rat judyg out :)
6 Likes   November 17, 2012 at 2:07PM
fatimaiman
Yeah, it's lovely as for me. I like unique and different things. Keep it up
1 Like   November 17, 2012 at 2:10PM
judianna20
olldcan, I have found some things to go along with this chair, hehehe. I don't want to have the "what if's" five years from now. You, too, olldbob. You will reconsider when you see this combo:

Hey, a coordinate, no? Love you, olldcan, you're nuts!
2 Likes   November 17, 2012 at 2:20PM
olldcan
judyg, I'm surprised to see you'd post a picture from your house but thanks for sharing your personal space ....LOL..... Hey, I think I recognize that guy, If I'm not mistaken, isn't that olldbob in his younger dayzzzz????.I'm laughing so hard it's tough to type and I know that comment will stir up a hornets nest. Now, that fabric is cool, I think I used to have a top out of it.
2 Likes   November 17, 2012 at 2:46PM
charleee
Ok I am NOT going to fuel this fire. OLLDcan, your family called and ordered three 8 X 10 color glossy's. [houzz=
]
2 Likes   November 17, 2012 at 2:57PM
judianna20
aggie, come on, you are dying to get in on this one...

olldcan, olldbob sent me HIS portrait not long ago and I was so touched I decided to work with it. If you would like it, I can ship it. On second thought, I think aggie might want it.

As for the top, I think the fabric is an old marimekko fabric from 1966.
1 Like   November 17, 2012 at 3:00PM
Aggie Purvinska
I am dying here!!

Love the chair, the sofa, the painting and the portrait, may I suggest Revere Pewter for walls?
1 Like   November 17, 2012 at 3:07PM
charleee
NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
1 Like   November 17, 2012 at 3:09PM
Aggie Purvinska
Why not, you yourself said it went with everything...?!?!?!?!?
1 Like   November 17, 2012 at 3:09PM
inkwitch
One thing is for sure: no one else will have one like this! Sure would like to see the space it's going into.
1 Like   November 17, 2012 at 3:11PM
olldcan
I'm money in the bank and Aggie might insist you ship it collect. Life's all about choices judyg....just sayin
2 Likes   November 17, 2012 at 3:12PM
charleee
Emily is going to kill us, you guys!
1 Like   November 17, 2012 at 3:17PM
Donald
I like it, it's an exaggerated leaf pattern, right? Would like it even more if the seat cushions had the print as well
1 Like   November 17, 2012 at 3:50PM
Aja Mazin
Pillows.

It needs pillows.
4 Likes   November 17, 2012 at 4:08PM
Aja Mazin
I think it has great curb appeal!
7 Likes   November 17, 2012 at 4:12PM
collettec
I think they got cheated. Where's the custom fabric for the seat cushions?
1 Like   November 17, 2012 at 4:24PM
anitajoyce
Don't like it! Don't do it!
1 Like   November 17, 2012 at 4:31PM
judianna20
Donald, straight to your house. Would look great in Baltimore. Vinegar on the french fries, right?
1 Like   November 17, 2012 at 4:45PM
judianna20
Olldbob, that is C P on that screen !!!! OMG!
0 Likes   November 17, 2012 at 4:56PM
charleee
C P ????
0 Likes   November 17, 2012 at 4:57PM
judianna20
Cutie Pie, after all these weeks you don't know CP? He is bald and he is sooo cute.
0 Likes   November 17, 2012 at 4:58PM
charleee
See! It would be perfect in your living room!
0 Likes   November 17, 2012 at 4:59PM
judianna20
No....the man cave
1 Like   November 17, 2012 at 5:00PM
orangecamera
I don't love how the fabric looks in the picture. Possibly the blue isn't as blue in person as it is in the photo. Have you and/or your client seen a sample of the fabric in person before ordering the sofa?

What I really don't like about it is that the pattern isn't matched. The back cushions should have the leaves lined up, and a full leaf showing (like on the cushion on the left).

If your client doesn't like the sofa based on the picture, the mismatched cushions might be a way to refuse delivery/not have it shipped/whatever, and have it redone in a different fabric.
0 Likes   November 17, 2012 at 5:07PM
O Brown
Not a fan.
0 Likes   November 17, 2012 at 5:25PM
msslynne
I like it alot: it's taste specific and if it appeals to a client, then it does. I myself would prefer the color in a olive green or mint, or even tan. But really, it does give that different look-It is definitely a print I would very much like to do when I make a new slip cover for my own couch, rather fold out loe seat-that I have in my craft room. Becuse I use a lot of nature based accents in my own spaces this leaf print is liked by me!
1 Like   November 17, 2012 at 5:28PM
kazemini
I am sooooooooooo sorry, but I do not like the blue stripes on the couch, maybe you should stick to solid brown
1 Like   November 17, 2012 at 5:58PM
olldroo
Don't take any notice of them Jade, they have probably overdosed on their youth pills. They will be better after a good night's sleep.

They will probably pick on me now, but actually I don't mind it. The shape and style of the lounge is really nice and the blue isn't too "in your face". Maybe the pattern is just a bit soon after Halloween. It could look great in a teenage/rumpus room situation. .

Judyg - that chair you posted, it would match the rugs that were posted the other day, I loved them but they made my eyes go funny.
1 Like   November 17, 2012 at 8:32PM
Margaret Phillips
Looks like a three year old ran rampant with blue painters tape on the nice brown sofa
1 Like   November 18, 2012 at 7:52AM
judianna20
Jade, there is no harm meant here. MIG isn't a houzzer, just a business looking for who knows what? Just poking fun at someone who is soliciting. It happens now and again where the site is being used; houzzers put their ideas and time into answering a dilemma, only to find out it is for the poster's financial gain. Instead of getting annoyed we get stupid (juvenile). There is a correct way to advertize on houzz (product). We really are a good bunch who have gotten to know each other after some time, give each other a few ribs here and there. We really are into Houzz and, believe it or not, take our posts seriously.
5 Likes   November 18, 2012 at 9:12AM
PRO
judyg - Yes, i am new to the board and yes i am the business. The only reason of my post was to see what other people think about this sofa, your opinion, nothing else. It is no links to my web site, no other commercial information. And thank you all for your comments. I personally DO LIKE this unusual combination.
0 Likes   November 18, 2012 at 10:10AM
PRO
And one more thing... Can you guys post some pictures of your living room? Something like - I do not like this and here is my living room / I like this and here is my living room.
0 Likes   November 18, 2012 at 10:15AM
charleee
Maybe after the holidays, when our living rooms are back to normal!
0 Likes   November 18, 2012 at 10:22AM
judianna20
MIG, there is a link to your website and your commercial info. I am sorry if you were offended by my comments, but quite honestly, your post presented to me as an attempt to garner business and/or obtain free advertising. Often houzzers are taken advantage of and their precious time is wasted on insincere or promotional posts.

Referring to my first comment, MIG, you must keep us posted as I can not imagine how anyone could decorate around this piece. And, my opinion is, I do not like it at all.
3 Likes   November 18, 2012 at 10:35AM
orangecamera
I can't help but say this again. If the client likes it, they should keep it. That's what really matters. BUT, they should insist the back cushions be redone so they line up correctly. No matter how much they love the sofa and fabric, this *will* drive them nuts.
1 Like   November 18, 2012 at 1:56PM
Aja Mazin

I dont,but I love your wall unit!
0 Likes   November 18, 2012 at 3:19PM
olldroo
Sorry MIG, but does your client know his/her sofa has been featured here? When I read your initial comment, it came across to me that you were being very negative about it, which sounded extremely disrespectful towards your client. Initially, I kept these thoughts to myself but following further comments I feel the need to raise this. You are in a service industry and it is up to you to supply whatever your client wants irrespective of how you feel about it. Sure you can advise your client based on your experience and knowledge, most people would appreciate that but the final say is with THE client. I feel you have been a little unprofessional by posting this in this manner.
1 Like   November 18, 2012 at 4:05PM
PRO
olldroo - First of all i am not a designer, i am retailer. There is my customer's or their designer's responsibility to pick the style and color. My responsibility is 1. Sale quality product. 2. Keep my promises on warranty and delivery 3. I can give some advises but you know olldroo, most of the customers nova days does not want to listen...
To answer your questions:
1. Customer aware that his sofa listed on houzz.
2. I advised customer to pick another fabric.
3. AND THAT IS MOST IMPORTANT I DO LIKE THIS SOFA, I THOUGHT THAT I WILL NOT BUT I DO, MY CUSTOMER ALSO DOES...
0 Likes   November 18, 2012 at 5:08PM
bluegrassbassgal
don't like the solid seat cushions...
0 Likes   November 18, 2012 at 5:15PM
PRO
judyg - once again, i am not offering designer service, most likely customer will not send me the picture of completed design, i always asked about but most of the time people to busy to do so...
0 Likes   November 18, 2012 at 5:18PM
judianna20
Why would you do this? If a purchase I made were posted on an International site by the vendor asking for consensus on its appeal, and then I was subjected to negative comments, I would be furious at you. You share that you advised choosing another fabric and in the same breath you claim not to be a designer? But now you like it? Your customer deserved better treatment than this. Don't blame us for our reactions. You set us all up.
1 Like   November 18, 2012 at 5:38PM
olldroo
Well MIG, if you like the sofa and your customer likes the sofa then what is the issue?? Why is is here???
0 Likes   November 18, 2012 at 5:50PM
PRO
Why would you do this? If a purchase I made were posted on an International site by the vendor asking for consensus on its appeal, and then I was subjected to negative comments, I would be furious at you.
- Jud... it is normal when some people like it and some not, it is nothing wrong about this...
You share that you advised choosing another fabric and in the same breath you claim not to be a designer? But now you like it?
- I can only advise... Do you always listen to advises made by the sales person?
Your customer deserved better treatment than this. Don't blame us for our reactions. You set us all up.
- I don't blame any of you!!!! I just want to thank you for your opinion....
0 Likes   November 18, 2012 at 5:52PM
PRO
olldroo - don't you ever ask people a question "HOW DO YOU LIKE IT?" just to know what other people think about?
0 Likes   November 18, 2012 at 5:54PM
diannagail
A huge OOPS! All the way around. Let's let this go.... On to something constructive!
1 Like   November 18, 2012 at 5:56PM
kconnerney
well the blue things look like veins, then they stop, seems to me if you sat there you would be affecting the middle of your body flow down right past the knees..no flow....just a little fung shui, could a pro comment????????
0 Likes   November 18, 2012 at 6:19PM
lorimer
Hideous design and fabric. Who could possibly furnish a room around this monstrosity??
0 Likes   November 18, 2012 at 6:43PM
olldroo
Yes MIG - BEFORE I buy - not after, but generally I know exactly what I want anyway.
0 Likes   November 18, 2012 at 7:58PM
PRO
Marie Hebson's interiorsBYDESIGN Inc.
Yikes - no way...you'd tire of this 5 minutes after you got it!
0 Likes   November 18, 2012 at 8:39PM
astraea
I don't mind the blue & brown pattern, but don't understand why the seat cushions are solid brown instead? The design seems like a "fractal pattern", which is supposed to be very common in nature. I think I'd like a little more blue & less brown. The attached photo shows the patterns on my sofa & the chair & ottoman next to it; I like patterns .. but lighter ones! Sorry the colors don't show up too well in the photo.
3 Likes   November 19, 2012 at 4:57AM
More Discussions
Buyers remorse or OCD? New house, new stuff, no clue!
We just moved into our new custom home and I can't...
What do I do with this GAUDY Rococo Bedroom Set? Help
So, very good friends of mine moved to the Yucatan....
Please help me find these chairs!
A client of mine is trying to find these exact chairs...
How do I make this bed work?
I bought this bed a month ago because I though the...
Close to pulling all my hair out. HELP PLEASE!
I'm not sure which countertop to go with between two...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.