Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need help for my simple bedroom
Tita Titi
November 17, 2012 in Design Dilemma
hello, Mr. or Ms.
I am looking for some advise and idea of how to change my bedroom style and color.My bedroom is so small but my bed is big. I don't wanna throw my thing out and am happy to have cute thing in my room. I wanna change my room color to light or dark blue but i don't think this will fit to my bed and floor. would you please give me some advice
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
TanCalGal
I love your bedroom furniture and the interesting details on the upper wall near the ceiling and on the ceiling itself. Also the windows are very pretty. The floors seem to be large light gray & dark gray tiles. Would it be possible to turn the bed the other way?
If you can turn the bed the other way: I'd paint 3 walls a very light off-white gray. The wall behind the bed I'd paint a pale lilac. Lilac is similar to blue and I think would go better with the floors. See here: Jane Fonda Inspired Suite

A crown over the bed would be pretty. French Guest Bedroom
0 Likes   December 12, 2012 at 7:47PM
Tita Titi
thanks so much for your advice..I am glad to change my bed direction and wall color... :D
0 Likes   December 21, 2012 at 7:33AM
giobabie
I would go with a light blue...maybe on the gray side. Seems like your carpet is gray from the picture but I'm not sure. I would move the bed to one of the solid walls. I would get some white floor to ceiling curtains. You can get some nice cheap ones at Ikea. I think it will brighten up the darkness in the room. Also, maybe consider changing the mirror to a simpler one wall mounted one. I just seems to be overwhelming for the space. Good luck and hope this helps!
1 Like   December 21, 2012 at 7:44AM
decoenthusiaste
If you want some blue, paint the recessed part of the ceiling. This might be fun! Remember, for more secure and restful sleep it is good to have the bed opposite the entry door.
Little Girl's Bedroom
Ceiling mural night sky
1 Like   December 21, 2012 at 8:00AM
PRO
Jill J. Wallace, Color Redesign
I recommend using a light gray that almost looks blue like the carpet. I would also paint the middle flat part of the ceiling the same light gray color so softens the stark white. The suggestion to move the bed to the solid wall is great. Also, keep the dresser on the same wall but closer to the door so it balances the 'weight' of the dark headboard, but doesn't block anything. Good Luck!
1 Like   December 21, 2012 at 8:05AM