Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Stucco or Finishing for Miami Home
Jessica Cespedes
November 18, 2012 in Design Dilemma
Hi everyone. We've been working on our home for the past few months and just had our windows installed. Now we are onto the next dilemma. As we are going for a modern or contemporary look for the home, we are wondering what sort of finishing we should use for the exterior of the home. Knockdown? Smooth? I'm leaning towards smooth but worried about it looking too flat or plain. Have any ideas on how I can go for a modern look with this one? Should we do banding? borders or trim anywhere? We love some of the ideas we've seen on house with the combinations of the wood siding and concrete but we live in Miami and want to stay away from using large amounts of wood because of our drab humidity. I know if I go for a smooth stucco landscape will give me the life I'm looking for. Also, the entrance is on the side now.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
charleee
I would do a knockdown finish if it were mine. I think it's fresher and more modern. You could add shutters to the windows, and maybe a planter box under the center one. Maybe some brick instead of the white stones? [houzz=
]
2 Likes   November 18, 2012 at 2:18AM
cyn222
Stucco. Where is the front door?
0 Likes   November 20, 2012 at 12:56AM
Jessica Cespedes
Here's a pic of the front door.
0 Likes   November 20, 2012 at 5:58AM
Sara Parker
Make sure they use a mildew inhibitor where possible. Also if you are painting concrete, use a concrete stain instead of paint. Looks much better, much longer. Good luck!
0 Likes   November 20, 2012 at 6:25AM
More Discussions
Houzzers, what are you thankful for?
It's the time of year to give thanks. Looking around...
small bathroom: 1/2 or full ?
I have a small bathroom to remodel. It is the downstairs...
salvage wood flooring in 1932 home
Most of my floors are wood, I already refinished the...
Living Room Disaster
I have 2 rooms in my house that have driven me nuts....
Tall Fireplace Wall Help!
We are building a house and we have a very tall wall...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.